EP3 seat fit in the DC5

Adam-f

Advanced Member
I'm getting my drivers Recaro re trimmed shortly and it could take a good week or so,
I've been offered a lend of a standard EP3 seat to put in the DC5 for the meantime while the seat is getting trimmed so I can still use the car,

just to confirm do EP3 seats directly bolt into the DC5 ?

Thanks

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Sorry to hijack but in the same vein as the OP but are there any other seats that do directly bolt on to the stock rails?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
C&S Evo 7 (sorry dont know your name!) has the simplest answer. If thats possible, thats what id do, and only have rear passenger if needed for a week.

You can make almost anything fit if your that way minded. Most seats will have 4 bolts on the base, its just lining them up to the rails.
I fitted DC2 Recaros in my EF8, using EF8 rails, and just made brackets up.

I paid £20 for the 4 bits of metal, cut to size. This was thick, not worth messing around with a grinder or hacksaw! Rest was just time, marking it out, drilling holes etc.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
No point me starting a new thread for the same subject essentially.

But unlike the OP wanting to use the DC5 rails are there no rails you can buy that would allow me to put a DC2 seat in to my 5? I still have the original 5 rails if there are aftermarket parts that can be bought to do it.

Cheers :)

Rom

Advanced Member
Have you offered a DC2 seat upto the DC5 rail ?

From memory, the mounting pattern looks the same. Three bolts each side, spacing could be different, but wouldnt be surprised if its the same. They will try to reuse the same design, pieces, machinery as it saves time and money.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Nah not yet as I'm still waiting on receiving it. Just planning for worst case scenario!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondafreek

Advanced Member
99% sure the Dc2 seat will bolt straight on. I've used my standard rails with two different sets of bride seats too. No issues.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Fingers crossed then. Hopefully get the seat midweek so shall get it offered up to the rails ASAP

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Can confirm it's fits like a glove. It's actually a nicer seat to sit in than the oem seat

wantadc5

Advanced Member
BenSayers said:
Can confirm it's fits like a glove. It's actually a nicer seat to sit in than the oem seat

dc2 seats nicer than dc5?

BenSayers

Advanced Member
They are pretty much the same on the base and it only appears to the the shape at the top that I can see is different but I'm not sure if it's my build or height but it just feels nicer to be sat in.