EP3 steering wheel

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if I can fit my DC5 with an EP3 wheel? I know most people would NEVER consider this but I have a horrible little racing wheel at the moment which is driving me crazy and I can't afford nearly £300 for a DC5 wheel at the moment. Thought an EP3 wheel would be much cheaper and similar to look at?

Thanks,

Dave

dapc

Have you looked at performance.co.UK and see if they have any cheaper?

Mark_teg

Staff member
I have a spare DC5 drivers airbag if thats any use (centre of steering wheel)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Nice one mate how much do you want for the centre? Looks like I can get the rest of it off eBay for £120

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Thanks all. Mark I'll have a think. It's still going to cost me twice what an EP3 wheel would cost. Speaking of which, back to my original question, would an EP3 wheel fit?

My only other cheap option I could think of would be to buy the wheel without the centre (one on ebay for £120) and then the airbag and centre a couple months later. Would the main part of the wheel connect up without the centre? Obviously it wouldn't look that great but to be honest neither does the one I've got at the moment and least if I did that the wheel would feel so much better and more chunky!

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Yes the wheel bolts in and the airbag bolts to it. I believe EP3 owners upgrade to a DC5 wheel as it looks so much better, so i would say it is compatible.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Good point James cheers. I guess one would fit then.

I'm struggling to see much of a difference between the two apart from that the DC5 one says 'Momo' on it? Looking at google images of the two designs.

Can anyone advise otherwise?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread guys but just to confirm the only difference between an EP3 type r steering wheel and a DC5 type r steering wheel is the MOMO logo and the red stitching? (not including the EP3 premier wheel which is the same as DC5?). Other than that it is identical in every way?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Sorry to bring up an old thread guys but just to confirm the only difference between an EP3 type r steering wheel and a DC5 type r steering wheel is the MOMO logo and the red stitching? (not including the EP3 premier wheel which is the same as DC5?). Other than that it is identical in every way?

Better quality material on the DC5 (and EP3 premier) steering wheel.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
So the only things that make it a dc5 or ep3 premier wheel is the fact that its trimmed in momo leather with red stitching and a momo logo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
So the only things that make it a dc5 or ep3 premier wheel is the fact that its trimmed in momo leather with red stitching and a momo logo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup :)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I'm pretty sure where the stitching is is different too i.e there's no stitching on the dc5 wheel at 4 and 8 o'clock.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
sorry to bump an old thread.

but i want to get my wheel refurbed by jack at royal steering wheels and i think he will source one, now im guessing that it will be an ep3 premier edition that he will source..

now am i right in thinking that apart from the minor stitching difference mentioned above that there is no difference,

and more importantly, that it will fit the dc5?

thanks

maxvr6

Advanced Member
To confirm, the stitching, logo and leather are the only differences, on the inside i dont believe there is any difference, i had jack just make me a new one from an old EP3 wheel and gave him my DC5 wheel in exchange. I used the airbag from my DC5 wheel on the newly trimmed EP3 wheel, no issues with fitting whatsoever.

HTH