err... wots that for?

CleRICK

Advanced Member
I've had my dc5 a couple of months now and noticed a red light which shines down on to the cup holders in front of the gear stick, does every teg have this and is it just for iluminating your drink or shouldn't it be there. (yeah i know it sounds like a stupid question.... but i am stupid!).
Also i thought the v-tec was notorious for drinking oil, but i've done bout 600 miles and it aint used any.

kingston

Advanced Member
Dont know, could just be an illuminating light as their are kits from Honda you can buy to do this....

Not really thought about it but ill check mine.

It does and it doesnt, i drove mine for 800 miles (when i first got it) and it needed a top up, checked it the other week when it was at 750 and hardly moved at all (put some more in just to be safe though). Pends on how you drive it really, mines been churning up the motorway mileage as of late :cry:

User

Advanced Member
The light is so you can see your drink at night.

Mine doesn't use any oil either. 16,000 miles on the clock at present.

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
It's so you don't spill your beer when you are driving home from the pub :wink:

I think it's actually so that the centre area is illuminated so you can see what you are doing down there. :)

mikegsi

Staff member
mine has this little light too, as for the oil, i use semi synth on the reccommendation of honda dealership (no one on here has said i shouldnt!) and i gave it a good few hours beasting on sunday, temperature was red hot, couple of hundred miles with regular gear changes and not a drop of oil was used, think ive gone through a quarter of a litre in 3500 miles

Gary

Advanced Member
There has been some evidence to suggest that the running in period for VTEC's is crucial in determining it's oil drinking characterisics although it just means that one that is a bit thirsty is just a slightly more loose rather than anything to worry about!

andyd

Advanced Member
Mines got that little light, its quite a suttle little thing. good though.

Mines not really used a lot of oil of late :lol: or petrol for that matter

Andy

dobber

Advanced Member
andyd said:
Mines got that little light, its quite a suttle little thing. good though.

Mines not really used a lot of oil of late :lol: or petrol for that matter

Andy
More spilt then used hey :lol:

Erm

Advanced Member
when i first got mine it did drink quite a bit of oil at first, but between the last oil change and this one (4500 miles) not a drop needed to be added! :D