Error codes

Cjtroup_dc5

Bought my first DC5 a few weeks ago, I have had a lot of problems with it the main ones being these engine codes, I have no idea what these mean could anyone point me in the right direction of what to replace?

P0141 65 Secondary HO2S Heater Circuit Fault (Sensor 2)

P1167 41 Primary HO2S (No. 1) Heater System

P1166 41 Primary HO2S (No. 1) Heater System Electrical

P0325 23 KS Circuit Malfunction

P0500 17 VSS Circuit Malfunction (M/T)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
If you search the codes on Google it should give you a better idea mate. Last one sounds like you vehicle speed sensor, is your speedo working?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Cjtroup_dc5

My speedo does work, but if I knock the wire that goes behind the clocks the converter does not work

maxvr6

Advanced Member
So its your secondary and primary O2 sensors, then your knock sensor and lastly your vehicle speed sensor, have you tried clearing the codes then driving it and seeing if any of it comes back?

What you said about the wire that goes behind the clocks, it sounds like your speed converter is behind the clocks as opposed to on top of the VSS on the gearbox and it has a faulty connection, pull the clocks out and check all the connections, if its not a connection issue replace the converter.

Knock sensors are notorious for breaking, after years of heat cycling they become brittle, one little tap while working in the engine bay and the thing breaks, normally a quick and easy replace. Its common for this to happen when a clutch change has been performed.

As for the O2 sensors they could have both had their day but it seems unlikely, however the fact that you have so many codes might point towards something that is effecting them all or at least most of them. I would pull the cover off from under the glovebox and check the block connectors are properly seated into the ecu. Also visually inspect the sensors on the exhaust manifold, is your car crazy low?... You could have caught them on something...

Failing all of that download the RSX manual and start working through the troubleshooting procedures.

Cjtroup_dc5

Going to check if the codes come back but it's feeling sluggish again after a long drive.

I would like a new converter not keen on this one, could you recommend a good speedo converter?

I shall check the ecu tomorrow at some point to see if it is plugged in properly, car is totally standard.