ES engine mounts

sinbad

Advanced Member
Just fitted my es engine mounts. I was really dreading putting them on thinking it was wayy beyond my mechanical skills, but ive got to say that its one of the easiest things ive done. Abit fidgity with regards to getting the car up on the ramps and engine supported with the jack but once everything was setup its just a case of undoing a few bolts here and there. I had more trouble putting my manifold on.

Anyone thinking of getting the ES mounts should go for it. Its not as hard as it seems. Id say its about an 1-2 hour job taking your time. Maybe an hours labour for a mechanic. I reckon if i was to do it again it would take 45mins ish... Car feels much better now, with a slight increase in vibration (already have engine damper on)

Chuffed i did it now! :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Good for you mate - always satisfying tackling a job you think might be a nightmare and ending up with a good result 8) :D

sinbad

Advanced Member
Cheers Evs. Just been for another drive and its soo much smoother to drive now, less jerkyness, better inital power delivery, smoother gearchanges, especially when changing down the box. Wish id done it sooner.

jostrom

Advanced Member
ES inserts are a great mod and cheap as well. They save you from torn engine mounts and protect your gearbox during gear changes. It's funny how much they really affect the gear change even with these transmissions that use wire gear change!

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Uprated engine mounts is probably my favourite mod 8) The ES inserts sound like they are well worth getting.

JDC5

Charged DC5
hey sinbad... where did you get them from? whats the full price you paid for them as they are on my to do list this week

Cheers mate

JD

sinbad

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
hey sinbad... where did you get them from? whats the full price you paid for them as they are on my to do list this week

Cheers mate

JD
I got them off another member off here but im sure ive seen them for around the £25 mark although there listed as an RSX. I'll have a scan when i get time and try to find the link.

sinbad

Advanced Member
Evs said:
They seem to be listed on www.performance-solution.co.uk at £22ish, seems very cheap, might be missing something :? :oops:
Yeah thats where ive seen them!!

Theer only 4 inserts so all you need to do is add VAT 17.5% and maybe shipping but your only talking £30. worth it in my eyes.

On another note, i keep hearing good things about HAWK brake pads. anyone else heard any reports on these?

LeeH

Advanced Member
I'm getting mine on this week 8)

I hope its not too much with the ETD. :?

sinbad

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
I'm getting mine on this week 8)

I hope its not too much with the ETD. :?
the ETD made more of a difference to cabin vibration. if its too much (although i doubt it) then it would be easy to take the ETD off..

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Hey Sinbad

Did you fit both front and rear es mounts as ive only just fitted the front one due to people telling me that one is enough for alot of interior vibrations ?? How much does the interior vibrate now? :?

sinbad

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:
Hey Sinbad

Did you fit both front and rear es mounts as ive only just fitted the front one due to people telling me that one is enough for alot of interior vibrations ?? How much does the interior vibrate now? :?
Hi mate,
Hows it going?

It doesnt vibrate as much as i thought it would by having both ETD and engine mounts fitted. I was told the back es mount is the most important one to have :?
To be honest if i think the front and back es mounts with no ETD would be the better setup for everyday use.

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Just started getting a knock at the front passenger side of my car, i think its either something to do with the suspension, or the engine mounts.

Would the engine mounts failing cause a certain amount of knocking when driving on a bumpy road?