ESMM insert fitting

redcap

Advanced Member
Can these be fitted one at a time without anything moving? I fancy fitting the ones that are in the engine bay myself, i may have to get a garage to do the ones that are accessable from under the car? This is a bit of a dumb request but can someone post pics of the ones that are in the engine bay just so I know I am removing the correct bit.

obizzle32

Advanced Member
Look in the DIY section as saint matt done a walk through on how to fit these. I followed it and it was spot on!

redcap

Advanced Member
Can anyone confirm that I don't need to support the engine and it won't move? if I remove/fit one insert at at time and where each one is located.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Follow the guide mate and it will sort you out. The engine is still held up by the gearbox side and cam chain side mounts so don't worry about that. There are pics in the guide with where the mounts are, and there are only 2 mounts that are torque reaction mounts. The inserts slide in on either side of both mounts, it's clear when you do it, don't worry.

If you are in the midlands you can bring it to me (in derby) and I'll fit them, won't take half an hour.

redcap

Advanced Member
Hi, thanks for the info! Unfortunately you are about 150 miles away. I'll follow the guide, it all made sense once I reread it properly.