EV cars and unleaded availability

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
So guys hear me out here before I get into serious panic. The dc5 was and still is MY poster car growing up (you can keep your r34s and supras) as much as I like them all I ever wanted to grow old with was a dc5! The looks and rawness just appeal to me far more than the other jap icons. Having owned two I worry about getting another! Money isn’t really an issue and I’m prepared to pay appropriate money for the right car. My concern is the availability of unleaded petrol! I don’t want to buy a car to enjoy until I die and ev’s are making the market move quickly into a realm of limited demand and with the uk plan for no petrol cars available (new) by 2030 I have concerns that buying a teg in the next year or so is a Bum move. Open to all of your thoughts and opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
I think there will always be some demand for petrol or diesel mainly for transportation as electric isnt going to be affordable anytime soon.

I can see that proposed date being pushed back. IMO

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Petrol and diesel won’t be going anywhere soon (imo) the infrastructure isn’t in place to make the move to EV fully and won’t be for many many years. The 2030 things just to stop selling new Petrol and diesel cars nothing more. Yeah they will try and get people to transition over but until EV are more affordable and the infrastructure is in place it won’t be a threat which I don’t think will be in the time I have left on the roads lol

If it’s your dream car get one and start enjoying it mate

Lemons

Advanced Member
You are not alone, people in the UK absolutely love old cars, as you can see from what they go for. The market is worth a fortune! I am confident that there will be demand and availability of petrol, although it probably won't be on every corner and you will most likely have an electric daily.

The truth is, a couple of thousands miles a year in a classic is a very small drop in the ocean so far as climate change.

If you are interested in driving, I think the DC5 will be a good cockroach car. Due to reliability, interest and knowledge on the internet, worldwide spares for the K20, reasonable mpg, downloadable maps on Hondata, and it shouldn't be worth so much that you are scared of driving it, see R34 GTR, E30 M3.

If it's your passion, better to buy a DC5 and see what happens? No regrets.

Support the cause, buy a DC5, keep buying parts, fuel, posting and helping others on the forum. Keep the businesses going that support your passion. Use it or lose it!! #strongertogether

gaza4

Advanced Member
think about the average age of a second hand car right now, probly 15 years old right? After the 2030 cut off that gives us until around 2045 before almost all cars on the road have moved away from fossil fuels. And thats assuming 2030 doesnt get pushed back.

I think I'll wait till 2040 before i start worrying about where i'm gonna get petrol from!!!