Ever feel like you can't take your car anywhere?

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
I know how you guys feel my wife had a yaris & a couple of guys decide to learn against it & yes there was a nice dent in the door I would of said something but there body language said different as they were pi$$ed £80 later no dent. Also I refused to keep my teg at home & I leave it tucked in my dad's garage as there is a small family were I live & they are always playing football on the green & someone car is gonna have a football as a screen soon!!! Hopefully it will be there own car & not the wife's or daughter's cars.

SDDC5

Yes same here I always park in garage can't even trust my next door neighbour he put nails down once because he was jealous when I got it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that worries about this !

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I rarely take it somewhere where i cant see it when parked. I also feel although not a very expensive car it tends to attrack the looks..not sure if i feel like it because is MINE.. But that what i feel.

so yes i always have to decide if i am getting the 5 or the Micra:)

ste01

Advanced Member
Yeah I hate leaving my cars about, too many losers/**** face ****s about. All my previous cars have had marks/dents from car parks and things. It's so annoying how people just treat other cars like crap, open their doors onto the car next to them or have a bump and drive off.

It's all about doing your best to find a happy medium of protecting the car but not leaving it sat wasting on the driveway.

Used to have problems with a MASSIVE tom cat ruining the bonnets of my cars. Found the best way to keep him away from the cars and off the driveway was to growl at him! (Not even joking)

coconat

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Yeah I hate leaving my cars about, too many losers/**** face ****s about. All my previous cars have had marks/dents from car parks and things. It's so annoying how people just treat other cars like crap, open their doors onto the car next to them or have a bump and drive off.

It's all about doing your best to find a happy medium of protecting the car but not leaving it sat wasting on the driveway.

Used to have problems with a MASSIVE tom cat ruining the bonnets of my cars. Found the best way to keep him away from the cars and off the driveway was to growl at him! (Not even joking)
I've done similar similar i've yelled at one about to do it but I much prefer the hose idea

Erm

Advanced Member
Every day of my life is filled with me getting annoyed at people who don't take the same care around my car that I would around someone else's.

Its pretty simple really ..... if something doesn't belong to you then don't touch it, don't lean on it, don't do anything that involves being in the same vicinity of it...

If any cat went near my paintwork I wouldn't use the hose...... i'd use the pressure washer.....

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Cheung_dc5 said:
We'll I've just brought my first dc5, mint with a fresh coat of CW paint. Really happy with it and want to drive it everywhere!
Went to a pub last night to see a local band, parked my car in the car park and went into see the band. came out to see the car next to mine full of people smoking weed and drinking with their doors wide open and a large lady leaning on my car. Frustrated, I walk to the car and politely ask her to move so I can get something out of my car. And then she says "sorry am I scratching daddy's car" absolutely no respect for other peoples properties! 😡 I then moved the car about half a mile into the village and walked back to the pub

Anyone else get this? Worried to take your car places?
Should have said no but your fat arse is denting my wing

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Its not even about having a nice car but respect for someone elses property. If I had a cheap run around and someone disrespected it I would still be upset. Sadly not everyone thinks about what a car means to some people. You wouldn't like if someone vandalised your home so why should a car or any other property be treated differently?

I try not to get to down about it these days. I've been around long enough now to know that bad things can happen wherever you park. It's not always people that dont care though, it can just be clumsy people or hopeless parkers who can do damage. Mine has a few marks here and there, most were already on when I bought it, a couple of light scratches have come since. I just think of them as little scars of war now. If I think too much about all the marks, little dents and stone chips it will do my head in.

DC5RS

DC5
Same feeling i have, cant bring it ANYWHERE. Especially on heavy traffic parking places. I hate people when the open the door like they have no respect for the car on the side

Cheung_dc5

Went to a car park yesterday and parked, before I could get out a new shape astra parks next to me, nothing special just a basic astra. And I always sit and wait and let them get out first.. But they had the same idea lol it was like a stand off. As soon an I got out they got out. Just made me chuckle

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I never park anywhere near a 4x4, people carrier or anything with four doors tbh. I park as far away as possible from anything and on a inside corner if possible to be hanging on the edge. The wife understands which is good! 👍

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
Im lucky ive got a VW Bora as my daily so the Teg only comes out when its safe to do so haha but even so the Bora isnt mint but I still park it well out the way in car parks! If im in the Teg ill try and park next to a nice car if I can. No people carriers or cars parked with the wheels on full lock!

I was queuing to get in sainsburys the other day and there was 4 or 5 cars in front of me, to the left was a line of parked cars. All of a sudden a Honda jazz starts backing out of a space, somehow hadnt seen the cars behind queuing to get in and back straight into the passenger door of a Jag infront of me. The bloke was raging. Nothing he could have done. Car parks are horrendous things!

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Luckily enough i have a little fiesta as a daily and the teg stays in the garage and only comes out on a sunny weekend or at a meet! so sad you cant have nice things because thugs just dont care or they are jealous of what others have but unfortunately this is the sad world we live in! :(

Rom

Advanced Member
Mine will be my daily, on a drive overnight.

My Audi (current car until dc5 arrives) has suffered a mark on headlight and bonnet.
99% sure it's a kid a few doors down, on his bike. It's a yellow scuff mark which I've managed to polish out. He has a kids size bike.... With yellow handle bar grips, that has always out on.
Doing circles near my car, like getting closer than he needs to, and onto the end of my drove.

If I go shopping, I have certain places I park, like favourite spots that can only be parked on one side etc. So I hang out the edge a bit.
Upside of having a kid. Is the child spaces are huge, but run the risk of prams etc.

Really annoys me how people are with other people's cars. Just because you don't care about you own, doesn't mean I don't care about mine.

And I agree, no matter how far away from supermarket you park, so idiot always parks next to you!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Got told by a lad at my local recycling place today that my car was a thing of beauty!! Ha ha!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ste01

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Got told by a lad at my local recycling place today that my car was a thing of beauty!! Ha ha! Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
So go on then...did you give him your number or not? Don't just tell half the story ;) hahaha

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
So go on then...did you give him your number or not? Don't just tell half the story ;) hahaha
Ha ha!!

I pulled in to the place to bin a load of plastic and I could see him staring over from a distance and then him and an older guy came over and that's when he said it! I was quite shocked tbh I've not received any comments off the general public about the car before, it does get a lot of looks off fellow drivers as it's quite a rarity round this way. Used to get a lot of comments about my old Celestial Blue CRX VTEC when I had that.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Sometimes people park next to me to check the car out. I was walking back to my car the other day and saw a car had just parked next to me and the guy walked around to take a look.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
At first I did think this but you just got to pick the right parking spot and you'll find you can park anywhere.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I know your feeling, I'm always mindful of where I park or at least I used to be until someone hit me on the bumper on the edge (presume it was when they were trying to get out) but since then I've stopped caring and park it everywhere as it is my daily. Touch wood nothing has happened in over 8 months so maybe the secret is to just let go:D