Everyday day?

richie79

Advanced Member
Hi guys I'm looking at getting a dc5 hopefully soon but I was just wondering as I do 17,000 miles a year or there abouts,would a dc5 be alright as a daily driver or better as a weekend car? Thanks

beppe786

Beppe
i have a Dc5 turbo as a daily and its great... NA Teg will do you just fine, motorway driving stock box just revs bit high in 6th

3000rpm at 60mph / i cant drive the teg at 60... lol

Darren4

Advanced Member
It's fine as an everyday car, you can cruise around... looks good... corners great... you get the idea haha.

Are you concerned about the comfort day to day?

All depends if your doing town driving or motorway etc to give a better answer as an everyday car :)

DC5RS

DC5
Drives perfectly as a daily, have it 4 years now as a daily and still looks as good as when I got it. (actually better lol)

Fez

Advanced Member
I've owned mine 6 months, as a daily. and i've done 15,000 already, no complaints.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I've owned mine 6 months, as a daily. and i've done 15,000 already, no complaints.
Damn 15k miles in 6months! You guys must live in your cars ahaha

But as above. Great car for daily use. The ride is a bit harsh for driving around town with the crap roads, but I dot have stiff tyres and a lowered car.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Mines also my daily, do around 400 miles a week. Does the job very nicely!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Damn 15k miles in 6months! You guys must live in your cars ahaha

But as above. Great car for daily use. The ride is a bit harsh for driving around town with the crap roads, but I dot have stiff tyres and a lowered car.
I live in wales, the only good thing we got is the roads, and everything else is a million miles away lol.
But i was thinking yesterday i need to use the girlfriends ep3 more to keep my mileage down. But its not as nice to drive haha.

richie79

Advanced Member
Thanks guys,was only wondering as the newest dc5 is ten years old now and I know Honda are great and very reliable,but any car pushing ten years old or more is gonna suffer from problems now and again if your gonna drive it everyday I guess? Also I sometimes go away weekends so long distance at times would you say this is fine also? I guess I'm just thinking that the dc5 is made for the track mainly and would it be ok for your everyday trips etc

jrscho

Advanced Member
To be fair I think any car would have problems if you drive it a lot regardless of age lol.. Away weekends is fine, the boot is pretty big which is great! I drove 800 miles one day, came back with 4 wheels in the back and a door haha my butt was abit sore but guess that's normal.. I drive my car daily too, well did! Drive it once a week now due to work, and it's been fine! Just replacing wear and tear parts. Whether out for a drive with my mates or buying grocerys to taking my girlfriends siblings out lol

richie79

Advanced Member
Trouble is I want a track/toy but also want a daily as well but can't afford two cars,so thought maybe the dc5 would tick both them boxes :) what's it like on long drives comfort wise with the recaros? Also when I go to look at one,what's the main issues I need to be looking for? I'm not in a rush and just want to find a nice one :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
richie79 said:
Trouble is I want a track/toy but also want a daily as well but can't afford two cars,so thought maybe the dc5 would tick both them boxes :) what's it like on long drives comfort wise with the recaros? Also when I go to look at one,what's the main issues I need to be looking for? I'm not in a rush and just want to find a nice one :)
The DC5 is defo ticks both those boxes.

I love the recaros! So comfortable and supportive. My dad hates them but he's on the chubby side lol.. I sat in my managers Z4 (62plate) for a 4hours journey and I hated that! seats were rock solid!

Also I think there's a buyers guide somewhere on the forum.

Fez

Advanced Member
I drove to Scotland (from south wales), around and then back over 3 days, then driving 750miles home in one day, only really stopping for fuel and toilet, found the seats really comfy, and i have a bad back from a previous car accident, and i find every seat uncomfortable after an hour lol.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I'd personally say there are some mods that will improve the fun of the car but ruin it's comfort. But some that will do both.

I used to lovely driving mine daily but now with a loud exhaust, engine mount inserts and few other bits I do get days when I think I can't wait to get out. Mainly with such terrible roads around

BUT it's probably done to driving a passatime estate daily now so the dc5 is a weekend warrior and I'm used to high comfort. And also not having to worry about the state of the roads which make long or difficult journeys a lot easier and more relaxing.

It's obviously all down to opinion, there are mods I have done that I wouldn't of done or change now if it was still a daily

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I suffer from bad joints and neck ache and the recaro seats are destroying my neck personally, finding them really uncomfortable.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I suffer from bad joints and neck ache and the recaro seats are destroying my neck personally, finding them really uncomfortable.
I feel your pain.....L2 L3 L4 discs and joints....I get crippling neck pains that knock the shit out of me. Intense pain that can make me feel sick, until I cram the codine in and have a few hours peace.

I had spacers in the dc2 to have the wheel closer to me to stop me reaching for it and having my arms stretched out which helps take pressure off the neck, more like in a rally car....sitting back from the dash but have the wheel up close to you so....stretching your arms to reach the wheel when the seats set right back. Best thing I can do us get out and move around....out of that compressed seated position.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Recently sat in my mates dc5 and his car has half the miles of mine. His seats are definitely more snug than mine even tho all 4 bolsters have been replaced in mine...think my ass has stretched them a bit over the years lol. I don't have a recaro shaped ass.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Did 40k in two years in my teg as a daily drive with many trackdays on top of that. Was completely fine.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Been my daily for the past 3 years and I averagely do 300-400 miles per week, it's a decent car. Bought to be driven :D