Which wheels should I buy?

• Total voters

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
1)

2)

3)
=

I unfortunately can't buy Rota GTR's, in white, in anything less than 17" x 9J - So that's a no go.

kazmo

Advanced Member
of the 3 choices you have given, personally I would go with rota over xxr, colour isn't relevant, you can paint them any colour you want,

but what happened to the ''TE37 and no compromising'' I read in your gallery thread??? :xsmachbottom: lol

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
There are literally NO TE37's for sale for love nor money. Yes I'm eating my words but not one to say I'm always right.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I vote the Neo Chrome... although TBH that's a type of chameleon paint on the Rota's and not an actual 'Neo Chome' finish. There is no chrome on show.
They look sweet though :)

This is Neo Chrome, I think it's a type of chemical/acid dip:

I am sure I read somewhere that the Acid used is Illegal here in the UK so you have to get 'Neo Chrome' parts from the States.

Oh and the only thing I must point out, is 9 times out of 10 the concave spoke pattern you want on the DC5, normally ends up FLAT faced. So be sure to find a picture of the actual size/offset you are after. ESPECIALLY if you want semi concave spokes.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Yea unfortunately that'll be the case, I know the pics are concave but with the ET our DC5's have there is simply no chance. Shame.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Just buy a cheap set and get someone to spray/refurbish them in a flip paint. It's only a Purple/Turquoise Flip.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I'm waiting to hear back from RE regarding importing some TE37's, if they're just too expensive then I guess that'll be the next option.

I spoke to the closest Rota dealer to my house and they can only get Grid's in 17x7.5 ET45, I'm thinking ET45 will be hidden well within the arches?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Dave C runs concave 9" et50 all round with a 225/45 tyre, Very slight stretch to the tyre but there is that much meat that it doesnt look stupid and it obviously drives well because he has plenty of pony power

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
8 weeks isn't a long time to wait for parts really...
It wasn't really the 8 weeks I was concerned with, it is fact that once you've bought them you don't have the option to return them/get a refund so you're then stuck with some £800 wheels you don't want/like and end up selling and losing money. No thanks. Whereas if I buy ANY of their other wheels/colours I can return them FOC If I don't like them when I see them in person.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
TE37's, but unfortunately don't think I'll pick a set up for a price I can afford, I seemed to get lucky with my last set

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Don`t forget Liam that almost any white wheel will probably not match the CW of your car...you`d have to get them painted to be as close a finish as possible I`d think,David