EVOActive Snetterton Weds 20th July

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Si,

I got a track day gift voucher to use through Heritage Trackdays. Christmas pressie from the missus. I guess they are sharing the event with EVO so I'm up for it.

Heritage are offering at the same price and a half-day option if anyone else is interested :-

http://www.heritagetrackdays.com/Calendar.htm

110dB so it's good for noisy Tegs too! Mark?

Cheers,

Jon

T666YPR

I thought being noisy it might help a few peeps out on the sound front 8)

Hopefully I'll find my old Spoon oilcap somewhere around the circuit too :lol:

£149 for the whole day and £85 for half day is tops with all the free stuff too :D

T666YPR

Just checking to see how many are coming.

I know evilweasel mentioned in another thread that he might make this one. :)

Time to give the coilovers and brakes a good testing. 8)

Sharpey

Advanced Member
I wish I was Si buried in holiday makers at the mo. roll on the Autumn. :lol:

Just fitted an Energy suspension bush kit got to try and keep up with the you lads on coilovers.

T666YPR

Chris,how are you finding the bushings?

Did you do all the suspension and engine mounts or just the lower arms etc?

They're supposed to tighten up the steering reponses aren't they.

I bet you've got your work cut out with all the good weather recently 8)

Sharpey

Advanced Member
I did the engine mounts some time ago to stop the exhaust which was on a self destruct mission bashing its self to death under the car on track.

Fitted the complete suspension set front and back (£107 from Tokyo Express) they were a bit fiddly to fit and set up and to be honest its difficult to get above 50 mph around here at the mo. with all these people driving around looking over the hedges at 20 mph, but as you know I have been trying to wear my Dunlop's out as fast as I can and the torque steer is a lot less but other than that it will have to wait for a track day.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
I am indeed booked up on this one for all day. My brother pressured me into it, and is also bringing his CTR along. Think also booked some instructor time, as this is my first trackday! 8-[ Time to really test out the Spoon springs!

Looking forward to it, but also a little fear of the unknown creeping in. Hope a nice easy start, and the instructor sitting in should ease my nerves somewhat! And I understand Snetterton is one of the easier tracks to do...?

Apart from oil, anything else to take along?

T666YPR

Hi m8,

Yeah,Snetterton has only really got one tricky section;at the end of the fast "Revett Straight" leading into "The Esses".
Plus,plenty of run-off all the way around.
So it's a good one to get you used to trackdays. 8)

You'll need a helmet,your drivers licence,couple of rags,tyre pressure gauge and your camera,don't worry about a foot pump as I'll be taking one. :)

Oh and I take a big holdall to keep all my bits in one place,'cause you won't need them in the car.Take your spare and your jack out before you go too as you shouldn't need them(unless you're taking a spare set of wheels & tyres).

I'll see you both there. :D

Nearly forgot.
Even though it's very warm,you will need to wear a top with long sleeves,or something that covers your arms.
Obviously,shorts are a no-no too.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Thanks for the advice Si!

Got all the other stuff, just haven't got a helmet, but hiring that on the day.

What's the deal on insurance? Is it even worth ringing my insurance company, or do they generally not cover trackdays at all?

T666YPR

I've never bothered with insurance as it costs too much and I generally drive within my limits.

If you start slowly and pick up confidence,you'll find it's safer than driving on the road. :D

jonster

Advanced Member
I agree with Si's comments.

BTW - I can't make this date but I'm game on for Cadwell on the 28th. Time off work is arranged and I'm just about to book the event.

Jon

T666YPR

You don't need the practice as much as I do Jon :wink:

Shame you can't make this one though. :(

You'll see I'm booked in for the Cadwell one too. :D

T666YPR

EW,has that guy got in touch about the photos yet?

He had some really good shots but I've not heard a dickybird. :(

Hope you guys had a good first outing. :D

Was well chuffed with mine until I started to get a tell-tale noise that meant,mani again :(

Didn't have to let much go past all day :D

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
No mate, not heard from him either. But then as we paid there, he is supposed to be sending a CD to my bro's address. Didn't you leave an email address for him to respond to?

Had an amazing day, definitely up for more, but certainly expensive ain't it! :?

Took my bro's CTR out on the second to last run, and certainly noticed the difference! So glad I bought a Teg! :wink: