Ex Dc2 Owner Considering a DC5

liktup

Advanced Member
Hi chaps,

I am an ex DC2 owner (sold it a year ago to pay for my upcoming wedding) who is now torn between another JDM Dc2 or a DC5.

I have driven both and it has left me in two minds which is really frustrating :x :lol:

I love the newer looks of the DC5, but its left me a little cold feeling with the power delivery (feels much like the Ep3) :(

I know they seem to repsond well to I/H/E and then management but I am not sure if its justified expense when I could get the buzz with the Dc2 :?

Its a nice decision to have but so frustrating as my heart wants a Dc5 but my head says I would achieve what I want with a JDM Dc2..decisions..decisions :lol:

Anyhows I have been lurking for a while, nice site and I'll hopefully get to meet some of you soon 8)

smoki1969

Hey Liktup

If u look at my post in this section u will see I have been in a similar position to u with regards to coming from a DC2.

All I can say is get a ride in a nicely modded DC5 and u will not be disappointed.

Good Luck

And go for it 8)

liktup

Advanced Member
iDrew said:
Hello :D

My DC5 is for sale if your interested :wink: details here: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8711
:lol: :lol:

I have seen it on Pistonheads, and it did make me check the spec :wink: 8)

I also spotted the DC5 with the black aftermarket wheels and various engine mods on there for sale too which was nice 8)

Problem is I am a fussy old bugger and want a red interior, with the push button start, folding mirrors etc etc :oops: :oops:

Not in a position to purchase until after Christmas really either :(

iDrew

Advanced Member
liktup said:
:lol: :lol:

I have seen it on Pistonheads, and it did make me check the spec :wink: 8)

I also spotted the DC5 with the black aftermarket wheels and various engine mods on there for sale too which was nice 8)

Problem is I am a fussy old bugger and want a red interior, with the push button start, folding mirrors etc etc :oops: :oops:

Not in a position to purchase until after Christmas really either :(
No probs mate, can't blame me for trying :D :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
liktup said:

I think they may of been mine then :wink:

It's for sale on here too.

Good luck with your hunt, cracking cars :D

liktup

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
liktup said:

I think they may of been mine then :wink:

It's for sale on here too.

Good luck with your hunt, cracking cars :D
No its not yours, yours is the one with the blue interior, its more than I want to spend tbh :wink: :lol: :lol:

I am well on top of the DC5's for sale :oops: :oops:

smoki1969

Its probably the one that I have just bought off of User.....

Getting it on Saturday :lol:

Why won't time pass quicker..... 8)

liktup

Advanced Member
Got the black multi spoke wheels and black interior and then some mods giving it a claimed 208 whp :eek:

Was a nice car but too soon for me too purchase :(

liktup

Advanced Member
Well I bought iDrew's car...decision made :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I can uprgrade the missus' Corsa to a DC2 and then have the best of both worlds in the summer :eek: :lol: :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Nice one and welcome xthumbup

Edit: Are you 'PhilW' from Revs and/or 'Raffe' from the DC2 forum :?:

liktup

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Nice one and welcome xthumbup

Edit: Are you 'PhilW' from Revs and/or 'Raffe' from the DC2 forum :?:
I am indeed the moderator Raffe from the DC2 forum and indeed also Philw from HR.....how have you sussed my secret identity :eek: :oops: :lol: :lol:

I was hoping that the Dc2 lot wouldn't rumble me too quickly and make my life hell :lol: :lol:

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
8)

Knew you would be tempted to the dark side :D

Good choice, and Ian's car was really nice

Welcome to the mad house

Evs

Advanced Member
liktup said:
I am indeed the moderator Raffe from the DC2 forum and indeed also Philw from HR.....how have you sussed my secret identity :eek: :oops: :lol: :lol:
I browse DC2 occasionally but hardly ever post - you said on there that you'd put a deposit down on one so put 2 and 2 together... :lol:

Thought you wanted a black one though? :?

liktup

Advanced Member
I was interested in a black one but having had a black Dc2 I fancied a CW car this time, I am hoping it will be easier to look after :oops: :lol:

Jimmy - Was only a matter of time :lol: 8) 8)