Excellent fuel economy of our K20A engines.

Trung

Advanced Member
441miles to the tank. :lol:

Yesturday early morning I filled the tank right up to the max and went on a 380mile journey to Cadwell Park and back to South East Essex.
Mostly been travelling at around 70-75mph and tried to avoid going above 80mph on the M11 and A1. When approaching to Cadwell Park on the A17 and A158 I had to VTEC it a few times to over take some slower vehicles on the narrow country lanes.

On the journey home I stopped at the petrol station waiting for Mark and Franz to fill up, I had about half a tank left and done 190miles, i wanted to full up but went against it to carry on the challege.
The low fuel light came on at 346miles but I knew I can easily get another 50miles on the reserve fuel so getting home wasnt a problem. This morning I started the car up and the needle just stayed above the 0 figure on the redline so I figured theres still plenty of fuel left, I travelled up to Basildon and back to Dagenham using the A13 but on the return home I bottled it and filled up at the local Tesco petrol station as the needle was getting very near to the 'dead zone', I reckon I could've touched 450miles, but maybe next time. :lol:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
that is incredible. mind you, the difference the VTec makes to the fuel economy :eek:

i had to travel to Galway over the weekend for a stag night, which is about 180 miles give or take away from me. i had to fill up the next day coming home, which would have been roughly halfway home - therefore i got about 270 miles on the tank. 171 miles less because i was VTec happy on the good roads. she's a thirsty animal when you bring her into VTec.

it's good to know though, that there is a good tank in her if you can temperate your foot on the excitement pedal :wink:

truffs

dream land for me, full tank of optimax + octane enhancer = 260 best, maybe if i had the balls like Trung 300 ish. Me thinks its time to get my fuel re-mapped :D (after xmas)

Splink

Advanced Member
well i aint surprised with the Greddy "Ill drink petrol like stella on a nice warm summers day" turbo system :)

I did that many miles at a push really .. didnt vtec it all week.

I think a fuel remap might help :)

truffs

Grolsh please!!!!! yeah, I reakon that if do that i should another 50m iles out of a tank. at the mo average is 19mpg, 25 + would be very nice :xrockout:

T666YPR

Just to get things into perspective slightly:

Trung drives a CTR not a DC5 so that would make some difference to comparing the figures.

Splinks' effort of 340 is a good showing for a DC5,don't think I'd have that kind of patience to not use Vtec :twisted:

Far too many people to overtake on the way to Safeways :lol:

jonster

Advanced Member
He's probably got the leanest running CTR with those breathing mods and no mapping. He's going to have a monster when he is mapped.

Jon

kingston

Advanced Member
Arent they fuel economy of the two meant to be the same?

Im sure both do around 31 mpg combined.....

GHOSTITR

Trung said:
441miles to the tank. :lol:

On the journey home I stopped at the petrol station waiting for Mark and Franz to fill up, I had about half a tank left and done 190miles, i wanted to full up but went against it to carry on the challege.
The low fuel light came on at 346miles but I knew I can easily get another 50miles on the reserve fuel so getting home wasnt a problem.
Hey guys, U sure the car odometer indicate miles? Cause all i get out of a full tank is 345 Km. How can this be. :roll:

ps2london

Advanced Member
i can hit 300 mile for every tank around 37-38 pounds optimax.

sometime 330.

with orginal DC5 ECU

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Wow! I don't think I have ever passed the 270mile mark after a fill and I have filled my car every time for 2 years n spend nearly £300 per month on petrol. Mind you I am saving some money by using the standard sh!te.

Btw wtf is a fuel remap?

kingston

Advanced Member
Even though Optimax is more expensive, you do tend to get more miles, however as it costs more you get less which could be the same as putting in cheap stuff and having to refuel more....

i.e. If i use BP Ultimate, i can get 270 to a tank where as if i use cheap stuff 240, mind you if i use optimax, i also get 240, go figure... But this is on a seicento though

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
anticlaus105 said:
Mind you I am saving some money by using the standard sh!te.
Does this mean "normal" 95 RON unleaded ?

I thought these cars HAD to be run on Super no matter what ??