Excessive brake dust from brembo pads

nails

Advanced Member
I have the newer/uprated brembo pads on my DC5 and they create a lot of brake dust. Is this just a typical DC5 issue or are there other pads which are not so bad for this?

spooke

Advanced Member
I think Brembo/OEM are pretty bad for brake dust. I have Project Mu NS400 which really don't produce much at all.

nails

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I think Brembo/OEM are pretty bad for brake dust. I have Project Mu NS400 which really don't produce much at all.
What's the performance like on those?

spooke

Advanced Member
nails said:
What's the performance like on those?
Pretty happy with them for dailying, they're a street pad anyway. They have good bite, feel and low dust - been on track with them once and they stood up to 30 laps of abuse with a short break in between. Still have a ton of meat on them.

nails

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Pretty happy with them for dailying, they're a street pad anyway. They have good bite, feel and low dust - been on track with them once and they stood up to 30 laps of abuse with a short break in between. Still have a ton of meat on them.
Thanks, might swap to these when my current pads get low then xthumbup

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Same issue here with the Brembo pads, the dust shows up even worse after it's been wet. Good thing is it ain't so bad to wash off...

ijlh

Advanced Member
+1 for the NS400 here, performance is great for a road pad, and they produce literally no dust!

Snowbeard

My OEM pads dust like no other car i've owned!!

I seal the wheels with collinite 845, which seems to help removing dust when washing.