exhaust advice

Kyletyper

Advanced Member
hey guys

i would like some advice on the Kakimoto Regu 06&r catback system? how do people rate them for sound and power? if there are any better exhaust would appreciate the help

thanks

Vindots

Advanced Member
lol

basically...everyone who has bought one has absolutely loved it bar 1 person who thought it was too loud IIRC.
x2 LOL

I've heard my mate's one, its pretty quiet but yeah, it goes wild on vtec point.

Kyletyper

Advanced Member
thanks guys sounds like the perfect exhaust. Has anyone used it with a manifold would that be to loud?

thanks

donkeykong

Advanced Member
anything without the manifold will be louder, i have a fujitsubo rm01a...i hear the manifold more than the exhaust :)
if you think logic if the end tip of the exhaust is much wider than the piping it will be louder, so check the backbox.

rascal69

Advanced Member
My j's racing hasn't got a big back box or tail pipe and it's loud.
Infact it wasn't until I got my straight though b pipe.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
yeah cause those don't have any silencers in between right?
well was just thinking about a horn shape could make it noisier :)

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Mine has 3 silencers altogether rear silencer. Centre silencer & a resonator on the 2-1 section.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I am planning on de-cat and manifold myself, so I am sure I will flood the forum with videos after, lol...

With standard engine parts, this is how mine sounds...

No drone on motorway at all. It's almost silent below VTEC (measured at 84.1db at Donnington below 6k rpm) Over 6k it can get you into trouble as you can hear, lol...

Below is a bit of a comparison, the 06&R is equally as loud above 6k as the Spoon N1 with de-cat and spoon manifold, but near silent below 6k in comparison. The sound above 6k is very very high pitched and piercing, the spoon being far more BOOMY throughout the whole rev range.

Mine: Regu06&R (fun starts and 1:30)

Viggen:Spoon N1 (again, fun starts and 1:30 lol)

I am always getting poked fun at when people ask me to rev my car because its so quiet, lol, but when you drive past them on the motorway in VTEC, it usually wipes the smile off their face and turns to an open mouth, lol.

The general consensus is that the 06&R sounds like a fighter Jet above 6k and standard below...

Exhausts are all about de-restriction, a straight through will always give you more power/volume. The 06&R is meant to be more restrictive than most because of its silencing structure, but those that have one with the car on KPRO will tell you it is just as good as any other exhaust for gains. Mikegsi had one I am sure and he loved it.

Plus, it's one of the best looking exhausts out there, the build quality and the welds are a work of art:

Power on the DC5 is difficult, you need to get less restriction which is difficult on a car that isn't much restricted to start with!
At the end of the day, you need to re-map it for the best gains along with a quality manifold, intake and exhaust.

Grov

Banned
It's awesome do it. If you can track down where my insurance have kept mine it might still have it on lol.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Yours sounds too quiet.
Spoon sounds awesome.
I really need to get videos up of my j's system.

Grov

Banned
It's not quite when it's in VTEC, i don't see the point in having a noisy exhaust when pottering about, you just look like a richer chav, than the Saxslow boys.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
It's like Mozart VS Jedward, lol, one is music, the other is just a loud offensive noise, but each to their own!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
That's not nice. I love the way mines sounds and also like the n1 noise.
Ha ha, sorry, it's just personal preference. One is quieter than the other, but there is a reason there is a choice.

The 06&R is JASMA spec, which means it is street legal noise wise (in Japan at least)

rascal69

Advanced Member
Yep as you said each to their own.
Mines is just 2nd/3rd car so hardly gets used.
Reason why I want to change my final drive again to a 5.8 :)
If everyone liked the same it wouldn't be fun.
Imagine if all dc5's looked and sounded the same lol
I love the tail pipe on kaki exhaust though