Exhaust advice

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cobblepop said:
That's correct, I don't really have the money to turn it into a track beast so for now I'm simply looking at improving the sound. It would've been nice to squeeze a little more power out of it knowing I was having an exhaust made, that's why I enquired whether it was worth going for the full system with sports cat over the cat back only.

...on that point, I'm still not sure whether there's much difference between the two options, both in regard to power and sound...
So based on that you can either go for a catback (with oem or a sports cat), Spoon N1, Buddy Club Spec 2/3 are the loudest I know of, or a DC Sport gives a lovely tone, else could have a custom one made (powerflow or similar) to maximise the gains from what you have to work with mate. I don't know if some of the Type R systems will bolt straight on or not to be honest and so custom could be the way forward and then you'd also not be spending loads

p1tse

Advanced Member
Personally I prefer a JDM off the shelf exhaust for a daily

If you were power hunting then bigger 3”

Although some off the shelf ones are better on noise or power to others . There isn‘t really a one to go for, as one with better gains may not sound as good