Exhaust advice

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here has a Buddyclub Pro Spec or Spec III exhaust fitted to their DC5? If so how have you found it to live with so far??

I currently have a RM01A on, and whilst it is a nice exhaust, I would prefer something a bit racier.

Thanks

Mark

raz786

Advanced Member
Hi mate, I have the ProSPec on mine, its pretty loud but I love it, the noise in VTEC is amazing, but it depends if you like loud exhausts. A lot of people say the BC exhausts hang quite low but I find mine ok, my car is quite low and I can still get over speed bumps etc with no difficulty. HTH

bling

Advanced Member
MrHanky said:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here has a Buddyclub Pro Spec or Spec III exhaust fitted to their DC5? If so how have you found it to live with so far??

I currently have a RM01A on, and whilst it is a nice exhaust, I would prefer something a bit racier.

Thanks

Mark
mark, i have a kakimoto which sounds the same deep roar that BC zorst due, i want something abit quiter are you interested in a swap or something?

dotty

Advanced Member
Try a spoon N1 and supersprint unsilenced b-pipe :shock: :shock: :shock:

Frank

Advanced Member
My pro spec sounds amazing and will be up for sale in the next week or so :wink:

I have videos of it, need to get them uploade

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Thanks for the help people. Bling and Frank, you have both just given me a dilemma to think about. Question for both of you, how old are your respective exhausts? How long have they been on the car. My worry was that the Pro Spec wouldn't be quite loud enough as I have heard a few clips of the Spec III and really liked that.

I may well be interested though. I will have a look for a Kakimoto sound clip tonight, so I can have a listen.

Final question, what part of the country are you 2 in. Im in Leicestershire.

Thanks again

Mark

MrHanky

Advanced Member
bling said:
MrHanky said:
Hi,

Thanks

Mark
mark, i have a kakimoto which sounds the same deep roar that BC zorst due, i want something abit quiter are you interested in a swap or something?
One more question, which Kakimoto is it? and does it fit nicely, i.e. doesn't hang to low and have problems over speed bumps?

Thanks

Mark

Frank

Advanced Member
No problem with the height of the exhaust but my car is standard ride height but still got the usual flat spot due to the odd huge speed hump,

had mine for about 6 months and it sounds amazing, I'm gonna miss it :(

impne

Advanced Member
I had spec III but took it off after about 6 weeks as just over the top for me.

celox performance

Advanced Member
impne said:
And me, it was measured at over 124db with my BC manifold on :shock: so there's no way it would pass a noise test for track use.

One thing's for sure if like a loud exhaust then this will satisy your needs providing you have no plans to take your car on a track. I did find that after 20 miles on the motorway the noise became unbearable.

impne

Advanced Member
I'm very happy with the titanium one I have now just a bit louder than the std pipe and gives a better note up the range

MrHanky

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
impne said:
And me, it was measured at over 124db with my BC manifold on :shock: so there's no way it would pass a noise test for track use.

One thing's for sure if like a loud exhaust then this will satisy your needs providing you have no plans to take your car on a track. I did find that after 20 miles on the motorway the noise became unbearable.
Would you say that the Pro Spec is a good compromise then? or is this nearly as loud?

Thanks

Mark

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Pro Spec and Spec 3 are very similar noise level actually, i have a pro spec and those that have heard it would agree its very loud.

Buddy clubs do have problems tho, fitment is not great and in the wet it vibrates insanely, completely changes the exhaust noise too, i hate driving the car in the wet with it on.

Unless your dead set on a REALLY loud exhaust id look at something else!

Other options for loud ones are kakimoto (one of them is LOUD!) 5Zigen Miracle Fireball, or maybe a tanabe Ultra Medallion.

HTH

MrHanky

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
Pro Spec and Spec 3 are very similar noise level actually, i have a pro spec and those that have heard it would agree its very loud.

Buddy clubs do have problems tho, fitment is not great and in the wet it vibrates insanely, completely changes the exhaust noise too, i hate driving the car in the wet with it on.

Unless your dead set on a REALLY loud exhaust id look at something else!

Other options for loud ones are kakimoto (one of them is LOUD!) 5Zigen Miracle Fireball, or maybe a tanabe Ultra Medallion.

HTH
Thanks for that Adrian. Exhaust sound is such a subjective thing as what one person might find too loud another mat find just right. Im trying to think of comparisons here. Has anyone heard a Skunk2 on an EP3??? I had one of these a few years ago and I loved the sound.
My friend at work has the 5zigen fireball and whilst it sounds nice outside, I can't really here it too much in the car, which makes me think I should go for something a bit louder.

I will try and find some more sound clips to help me decide.

Thanks

Mark

MrHanky

Advanced Member
deburr said:
Hi Mark,

Sorry to thread crap but are you Neils bro?

Thanks

Kris
Hi Kris,

Yes I am. Who are you??? I don't recognise the name Kris.

Small world :)

Mark

markie

Advanced Member
i had a power getter on mine i thought it was too quiet and watched a sound clip of a dc5 on you tube with the buddyclub spec111 and wanted one.bought a second hand one that had a dent in the center box. when i put it on my car the baffles were rattling so i went to a local powerflow dealer and they welded in a smaller mid box so it wasnt so so low and it sounds amazing. you get some nice poping and cracking coming of it when its coming back down the revs its not too loud when driving normal when you hit vtec the sound is amazing.as you can tell im very happy with it.ihave a standard manifold on with it and carbon mugen airbox might be too loud if you had a different manifold