Exhaust ECV

jrscho

Advanced Member
Been looking at exhaust electronic control valves. So for those who haven't heard of it it's basically like a part that fits onto your exhaust/welded in and either controlled by a lever/botton. You can then control the sound of your exhaust as here's a sort of blanking plate that opens and closes which results in your exhaust being quiet or normal.

I have a 2.5" system with 1 silencer but neighbours hate me lol, normally i drive doen the street in a high enough gear my revs sit at 1000rpm but even that i get complaints so I'm considering this. Obviously being on a supercharged car or even any car your not going to hit vtec or even rev up past 3/4k as I can't see it being good for car with the exhaust pressures building up and not being able to escape properly. So I would only use this when its late and im driving in house estates and maybe driving past the police or whatever else..

Has anybody ever looked into these?
Or even have one fitted?

Probably more bad points than good lol

dave7368

Advanced Member
I'm pretty sure dc5ian had one on his teg before he sold it... can't think who he sold it to but he's on here as well...

Rom

Advanced Member
These were mentioned to me a couple of weeks back at Combe. To pass noise limits, then if they flag and recheck, just flick the switch.

Would also be handy for mornings, ive had no complaints, but i know its really loud. I just roll out on idle from my cul de sac.