Exhaust feedback required!

Gee74

I am looking at aftermarket exhausts for my 5 and am completely burnt out on info overload......
Originally looking at a GReddy Ti-C but reviews state its loud, same with the Skunk2 then started searching for something quieter and came up with the Fujitsubo RM01A and the Kakimoto Regu 06&R but these seem too quiet on idle.
Is there anything inbetween these exhausts for sound...? Or am I just being too fussy.
Only mod on the car is a full induction kit and the exhaust will be the only other mod going on.
Can anybody give me real feedback on sound levels of any of these or possibly recommend something else....I have listened to soundclips on youtube but the quality is not so good!

Cheers!

Altecians

Advanced Member
Sound between those two ? Spoon N1 maybe Toda and J's 60RS.
Theyre on the loud side of things but the Skunk and greddy items are closer to buddyclub loud.
Also can consider silencers for the first 3..

frampo

Advanced Member
I have a skunk2 and personally I don't think it's 'that' loud, however all my friends said it is loud and they can hear me coming down the road. On idle when it's cold it is quite loud but once warmed up it seems to be ok.

I'm not sure if I think it's not too loud as my motorbike exhaust is louder than friends race exhausts.

With everyone saying that my exhaust is loud I am a little worried that it may not pass for track days.

I'll try get you a sound clip of mine inside and out.

knobosaurus

Look up the dc5r exhaust catalogue on YouTube. Look for an exhaust you've heard before and compare it to the rest in there. Dba levels are recorded there too.

Gee74

Thanks for the responses guys! Have watched the catalogue a few times but its more of a personal experience I'm after. Just seen the group buy on the kakimoto and the price looks real good........hopefuly not to late to order as this was the exhaust at the top of my list!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Come to Japfest 2 with us. You'll get to experience a whole range of DC5 exhausts (not to mention additional setups) first hand.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
You need to decide your requirements.

Quiet or loud
Raspy or deep
Large bore or smaller
Steel or titanium
On track or not
Budget

This will help you decide as there are loads out there.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
I've just added a RS*R back box to my car and its fine, not too loud, not raspy, doesn't make that god awful mmmmmmeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound when you come off the power and offers a nice deep roar when giving it some stick.

Personally it wasn't about power for me, more the sound quality and I've been more than happy.

As frampo mentioned, some exhaust systems can be boomy (like mine) when 1st started, but once warm, drops to a deep purr!

Marshall's post it's worth pondering over and then make your decision

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Come to Japfest 2 with us. You'll get to experience a whole range of DC5 exhausts (not to mention additional setups) first hand.
^ And if Lee is there, you can have your ear drums blown out, free of charge!

knobosaurus

Look up the dc5r exhaust catalogue on YouTube. Look for an exhaust you've heard before and compare it to the rest in there. Dba levels are recorded there too.

Perfect solution, I must say, every time I see your forum name... I actually LOL!

Cheers porthos :) I try my best to fit in

molten-ice

Advanced Member
I have a buddy club manifold , spoon b pipe and spoon n1 backbox, when you boot it its pretty loud and spits and pops when all hot, but with a steady throatle at 70mph you can still talk away inside the car....

Gee74

Some nice feedback here chaps, thanks, but I have opted for the Kakimoto. Got 40 approaching and 2 sons to think about so decided to go down the quieter route.......think the wife wanted the greddy so hopefully she will not be to disappointed with the sound!!

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
I'VE got the Spoon N1. It's loud at idle but soon calms down. It's not so loud that it annoys you when your driving but when YOU (not u) give it the beans...it becomes a whole new animal.

Some people say its too loud inside but on the outside its not as bad as the scoobies you see/hear.

Where abouts are you from?