Exhaust mounts

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Anyone has replaced his exhaust mounts?
anyone used this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190570215015 or something similar?

i ve been told that under WOT and quick gear change my exhaust has a lot of movement.
i have oem motor mounts and J's torque damper. My guess is that is caused by the engine movement which causing wheel hop too.
I am replacing the engine mounts soon with higher rate ones (i have tried ESMM 1 year ago and didnt like them anyway so please dont suggest them to me:p )...

i hope the motor mounts will fix the exhaust movement too but any information would be useful guys

molten-ice

Advanced Member
They will provide more support than the standard mount, but wont do much to stop it moving under rapid acceleration/dumping the clutch.

They might be good if you exhaust was bouncing about all over the place as you go down a bumpy road, but with 206nm and 220+bhp trying to turn you engine on its axis , i think the engine mounts would provide a more noticble reduction in exhaust movement, that and save your exhaust flexi from giving up...

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Yeah am doing it for saving the flex mostly...and i was hoping for less exhaust movement too which make sense..
Good point there about a bumpy road test..

molten-ice

Advanced Member
if you think its the mounts, go out , grab your tail pipe and try wiggle it about , if it moves allot then maybe the exhaust mounts could do with being stiffer ?

hondazzz

Advanced Member
how much is to much tho :)..i wouldnt say it moves to much but also i wouldnt say the issue is the axle-back..i think the b-pipe section is the problem