Exhaust options for DC5

ekchris139

Advanced Member
Hi All

Been lurking here a while and its a great site. Anyway complete newbie when it comes to vtec's.

I purchased my first vtec about 2 months ago which was an 02 arctic blue DC5. I swore to myself that I will keep it standard as I use it for my DC5 for my work commute (around 600kms a week).

2 months on and I just don't find the standard system satisfying.

What sound am I after

I would ideally like a deep sound, I am not into the whole raspy sound. Its just not for me. I don't really want a mental loud exhaust that drones in the cabin as I do a lot of motorway driving. So after hours of research on youtube I have come up with the following options

Fujistubo RM01A
HKS Hi-power
Skunk megapower (sounds great in the video but never heard one in person) are these ridiculously loud ?
Get one custom made. Have the option of a 63.5mm or 70mm diameter piping.

Would there be much of a difference between the standard system (think 55mm) and the 63.5mm. Would the difference be massive between the 63.5mm and the 70mm.

I got offered a spoon n1 and spoon b pipe for cheap but turned it down as a lot of people say they are very loud.

Is there any other cat backs I might have overlooked or missed to give me the desired sound I am after.

I know this is my first post. I keep meaning to start a project thread. I will stick it up tonight after I am home from work :)

Anyway Thanks in advance all you Honda lovers

Chris

integraleo

Advanced Member
Kakimoto regu06r... My favourite exhaust I've ever had! Quiet when you want it to be and louder when you want it to be and looks beautiful. What more can you ask for from an exhaust

DC5RS

DC5
I got the HKS, I would be honest i would like a bit more sound out of it. Ultra silent below 3k, after 4k rpm starts to scream

spooke

Advanced Member
I'm running a J's Racing 60R (OEM B-Pipe), it sounds like what you're after. Has a nice tone and is not offensive :p

With the bung in its like OEM.

alimujahid_dc5

I've got a custom cat back made from EMP Performance in Watford, i wanted a deep tone and that's what i got does not sound like the usual Honda's you hear which is goood!!

Powerflow backbox.

Linus27

Advanced Member
That sounds like a good combo. Do you know if it would pass track noise limits?

I have a Spoon 2-1, Spoon b-pipe and OEM back box and its 94db for track and just too quiet. If I put on the Spoon N1 back box then its just goes too loud. If I can just change the back box for a bit more volume, then its a winner.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
That sounds like a good combo. Do you know if it would pass track noise limits?

I have a Spoon 2-1, Spoon b-pipe and OEM back box and its 94db for track and just too quiet. If I put on the Spoon N1 back box then its just goes too loud. If I can just change the back box for a bit more volume, then its a winner.
How about if you add the N1 silencer to the N1 back-box, will that make it any quieter/more bearable?

Linus27

Advanced Member
How about if you add the N1 silencer to the N1 back-box, will that make it any quieter/more bearable?
I can't fit the silencer to my back box. Someone hacked the end off to make it sit flush with the bumper. I spoke to TGM and he said he's seen a few with this done as people didn't like the tail pipe sticking out. Some folk are odd :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member

Linus27

Advanced Member

Ro55dc5

Has anyone got any experience of Comptech exhausts? Good gains ? Any help would be much appreciated

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I've got a straight tip Toda Racing exhaust, this is also quiet and gives the exhaust sort of noise you're after. Fitment is great and doesn't stick out at all. I don't think you could go wrong with one of those or the Fujitsubo RM01a.

Kenz

Advanced Member
I've got a mugen twin loop on mine, sounds standard on tick over and there's no drone at all on the motorway. Although they are expensive.

zacho

Advanced Member
Kakimoto regu 06r, mugen twin loop and RMO1A seem to be forum favourites on the quieter side of things.. All three sound lovely!
I've got a mugen twin loop on at the moment, but i have a regu 06r coming in the post anytime soon! Like Kenz said about the twin loop, no drone at motorway speeds, but it comes alive in comparison to oem once you open up the throttle, not just vtec.

This link may be useful;
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU

Don't think the regu 06r is on there but if you search you tube you'll find a few clips

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I don't have one but would be a Kakimoto Regu for me. I've got a custom 2.5' back box mated to a Spoon Street B pipe.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ekchris139

Advanced Member
After a long enough search I came across a system for handy enough money so I decided to go with it to see what its like. If I dont like it I can always shift it on.

Supersprint manifold and decat, spoon b pipe with a kakimoto axle back