Exhaust options to quieten the car down a touch

ChrisMcC

Hello All,
I currently have the tegiwa manifold, spoon b-pipe and n1 (along with the other usual bits - tegiwa induction, rbc, k100 etc)

I'm finding it's all a bit much noise/drone wise for me and I'm looking to quieten everything down, or really just try and get rid of the droning and booming in the cabin more than anything. I also find the cold start noise in my small cul de sac a bit, erm, unruly.

I think my best options are..

1, Swap the spoon b-pipe out for an oem pipe. I like this option as I think getting hold of one won't be too hard.

2, Replace the n1 with a fujitsbo rm01a back box. Would this fit to the spoon b-pipe? I wonder if I could even find one for sale?

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks as always..

Chewy

Advanced Member
You're on the right tracks;

1. Dropping the Spoon B-pipe and replacing it with OEM won't do you much good I'm afraid in terms of noise, It's mostly the N1 that's kicking up a fuss.

2. You could probably mangle a RM01A backbox onto the Spoon B-pipe (nothings impossible), but the real issue as you've already said yourself would be finding a backbox on it's own.

You're better off just buying the RM01A catback and using that instead IMO.

There's always other quieter options like the Kakimoto Regu 06&R, Mugen Twinloop, or a custom exhaust for example, but all this has already been discussed once or twice ;) so a quick search if you're interested in other potentially quiet systems will see you right.

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
I love my Kakimoto Regu 06&R. Unique sound and nice as a daily and more than enough noise when in vtec and mines mated with a buddyclub manifold :)

Cam

Advanced Member
Had a Spoon N1 on my old Civic - thought the same as you. I've now got a Buddyclub Spec 4 which is perfect when bimbling around and still sounds great on Vtec.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Another vote for the Kakimoto Regu love this exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisMcC

Thanks for all the replies.

Chewy I have to say, I originally had an n1 mated to the OEM pipe, but the pipe corroded at the bolts so I put the Spoon b pipe on and was shocked at how loud and droney the whole system became. IMO the b pipe makes more difference than the back box, but it might be different on other cars.

I like the look and reviews on here for the Regu 06&R - except that from what I can gather, the exhaust does not exit straight out, rather it's angled and pointing over to the right, can anyone confirm? I'm fussy over weird details and an exhaust not aligned and straight is one of those things that I don't like personally.

Barring this I guess that leaves the Fujitsbo rm01a. I do really want something much more akin to OEM if I'm honest, with a little extra excitement up the revs.

Cam I always assumed Buddy club stuff was mental anti social loud?

Thanks, Chris.

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member

Here's the Kakimoto Regu 06&R on mine to give you an idea... So in my eyes it sits slightly to the right. Perfect to me.

spooke

Advanced Member
OEM Manifold/B-Pipe and J's Racing 60R is what I run, without the bung cold start is loud, from what I remember with the bung in it was a tad louder than full OEM exhaust. Spoon N1 is loud.. :)

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
I'm currently running oem manifold, Rbc with Fujitsubo RM10A catback n it's lovely I can hear my gruppe M too unlike when I had a skunk 2 mega power it was drowning out everything lol

ChrisMcC

Cheers All, appreciate the replies. I think having just driven a friends DC5 with the rm01a, it looks like a nice option, near stock when driven normally, with a little more noise up the revs.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
spooke said:
OEM Manifold/B-Pipe and J's Racing 60R is what I run, without the bung cold start is loud, from what I remember with the bung in it was a tad louder than full OEM exhaust. Spoon N1 is loud.. :)
Yup.

I have the RS and cold starts are rather loud. The bung makes quite a difference. Mine is a pig to fit and remove though.