exhaust options

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
hi all,

right i'm after a exhaust of my 5 but i'm looking for abit more of a bark from it.
my current setup is a dc sports race header which i'm happy with but the mugen twin loop i find is a bit too quite for me.

now when i bought the car it was already kpro'ed and mapped for the header, decat and twin loop as well as the gruppe m and if i changed the system would it be best to get it remapped again or not :?:

thanks, craig

Rob84

Advanced Member
Once your exhaust has been changed, the best thing to do would be to get the fueling checked. if its out be too much then i'd look to get it remapped but if its notm I'd leave it :)

hth

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
chiefpulsar said:
right i'm after a exhaust of my 5 but i'm looking for abit more of a bark from it.
my current setup is a dc sports race header
DC full system. :green: Mine sounds good. :xyes: :xyes:

;)

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
chiefpulsar said:
my current setup is a dc sports race header
DC full system. :green: Mine sounds good. :xyes: :xyes:

;)
sounds good, how much are they over here as i'm off to l.a at the end of next week \:D/

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
I paid £430 for mine. :shock: + a long wait. :shock:

Couldn't be happier though. :green:

Another forum member,commented on how good it sounded,as we hit the M3,after leaving TGM.(who supplied + fitted,DC,Zhorst + Header.)

8)

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
i take it you bought it from tgm too? i can fit it no problem but would it be worth remapping the ecu or not?

celox performance

Advanced Member
chiefpulsar said:
i take it you bought it from tgm too? i can fit it no problem but would it be worth remapping the ecu or not?
You would only need a partial map of the KPRO and not a full map. I know TDI charge around £120 for a partial map.

SOLO-ITR2007

Advanced Member

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I so what the Toda Exhaust system, I have never heard it but a member seeling their DC5 on here has one and it looks the mutts....

I think it's pretty rare tho

dave c

400hp K20
chiefpulsar said:
anybody? its a toss up between the spec 3 or the pro spec :xconfused:

i have the pro spec and i'm changing to a twinloop lol.

FAR too loud for me, does sound nice but you can't go anywhere without getting the wrong attention

firthy22

Advanced Member
I'm looking at getting the Greddy Ti-C cat back. Funkypower do it for £600. I checked Google and Youtube clips and it seems to be good, nice deep note which isn't too loud but gives nice sound when in vtec.

Check it out, might be just what you are after.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
i wondered how long it would be before you had a say mark :green: the mugen is nice but its TOO quiet for my liking :wink: