Exhaust Question

leehonda

Just wondered if anyone has had or has either of the Buddy Club pro spec, spec 3 or spec 4 exhuast systems on there cars? Just wanted to know there opinions on them as i was thinking of maybe buying one for mine. What performance gains are achieved? Are they loud as i want something that is fairly quiet during general driving but then becomes quite vocal when your giving it some. :twisted:

What other exhaust systems would people recommened for the same sort of money? My car is currently standard with the exception of an AEM V2 which i need to fit. Im not going crazy modding it, just simple mods, exhaust, induction (V2), plugs, leads. Then maybe later when funds allow i will go for a manifold and de-cat and maybe an inlet manifold.

Thanks! :xcheers:

dave c

400hp K20
i have a buddy club pro spec, and although its a good exhaust, good power gains etc, it will be up for sale soon simply because its a bit too loud for me. i have a silencer for it that i don't use it. tbh the silencer only takes out a bit of the noise anyway.

If you are wanting something that is near stock on idol, i don't think any of the BC range will suit you.

mikegsi

Staff member
Hks silent hi power fits your description, make sure it is the silent version though with the helmholtz resonator, little bit deeper on idle and normal driving, like a motorbike in vtec though, there was one for sale recently as well

Going off what i've owned the spoon n1 is a no, amuse might be a little loud though it passed stringent db checks for me, kakimoto regu 06&r is another good one too, but as above my experience of bc exhausts is the droney headache inflicting noise under normal driving

leehonda

mikegsi said:
Hks silent hi power fits your description, make sure it is the silent version though with the helmholtz resonator, little bit deeper on idle and normal driving, like a motorbike in vtec though, there was one for sale recently as well
I knew about this one, i tried to buy it but it had sold really quickly. I think i will end up with the hks exhaust, i just dont fancy the price tag at this moment in time so may have to wait for another to come up secong hand or maybe even have a custom exhaust made?

mikegsi

Staff member
I remember paying £470 for my silent hi power 4/5 years ago, I sold it for £100 when you couldn't give them away!!! Blooming exchange rate has put paid to that though! They're now listed around £900 on vtec direct!

Might be worth giving TGM a ring and see what they have, they might have a his one in stock at a more sensible price!!

As for custom made, would depend by whom!!

leehonda

If i bought one from the states for the acura rsx type s will it bolt straight on or are they a different set up?

Zen1

Advanced Member
I sold the HKS silent just for a change of exhaust and because I'd won a Fujitsubo RM01A On ebay very cheap.
The RM01A may be an option for you too. Both have similar noise levels. slightly louder than stock at low revs / idle but a fair amount louder in vtec.

The Hks does have a deeper sound out of the two and looks nicer but I slightly prefer the RM01A and its certainly lighter.
There was one for sale recently, dont know if it sold:- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19664&start=0&hilit=RM01A

Or how about one of these?

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/pd ... =100866696
http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/pd ... =100866698
http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/pd ... =100867349

dave c

400hp K20
Tom has a customer with a mugen one @ TGM that they want rid of, He was asking if i wanted to sell my standard exhaust when i was there the other day.

Might be worth trying him out, i think the mugen will be the quietest of the lot mind.

leehonda

Thanks for all the help guys! =D> Ive contacted TGM via email so lets see what happens. Also those exhausts on Jap Performance parts website are also very tempting. Just been watching honda's on youtube with them on and the kakimoto system sounds really good, just not sure how loud it would be. The only reason, im kind of bothered about the noise level is because im shortly gonna be driving my dc5 to Germany where i work so didn't wanna arrive here deaf or hating the car because of a noisy exhaust! #-o

Rob84

Advanced Member
The 5Zigen exhaust at jap performance parts was my old one. I can 100% say its not loud at all just a nice note and certainly wont give you or anyone headaches on a long journey. I only changed because I had my heart set on a Kakimoto full Mega N1 that he head for sale so I part ex'd the 5Zigen :D

leehonda

Rob84 said:
The 5Zigen exhaust at jap performance parts was my old one. I can 100% say its not loud at all just a nice note and certainly wont give you or anyone headaches on a long journey. I only changed because I had my heart set on a Kakimoto full Mega N1 that he head for sale so I part ex'd the 5Zigen :D
Is that one made of mild steel though as it looks a bit corroded? Did you buy it new or was it second hand when you got it?

Rob84

Advanced Member
leehonda said:
Rob84 said:
Is that one made of mild steel though as it looks a bit corroded? Did you buy it new or was it second hand when you got it?
It was on my car when it came over from Japan last December. The corrosion you can see on the pictures is purelly surface corrosion. With a good polish i'm sure it would come up shiney again.

leehonda

Im not bothered about it being shiny, its under the car where you cant see it! I just wanted a stainless system but after doing some digging they only seem to make them in stainless or titanium so all should be ok. Might call them later and see if they will do a deal of some sort on one of the exhausts. I really want a twin loop but cant quite stretch that far at the minute? Gutted! :xcry:

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I have a mugen twinloop on the car at the moment, would like something abit louder (almost like a growl...hate to say it but like a scooby any ideas?)

If so I might be able to sell you the twin loop

leehonda

How much do you think you would be looking for it if you were to sell it? Been told the buddy club exhausts are quite vocal!

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Well I suppose that all depends on how much The new exhaust will be costing :lol:

To be honest I've not really looked into it.Just started to think about it now.
Although I'm saying im looking for a growl i mean more of a purr, don't want it to loud as I work at 545 in the morning. Don't want to wake the neighbours...i think they would b :xmad:

So i'll try and hear some exhaust and will let you know yeh?Or if anyone has some advice it would be great.

Jonny

leehonda

Yeah no worries buddy! Only problem is, is that the minute the kakimoto is lookin good at the mo as they seem to get good power gains and sound really good???????????????

thomsojf

Advanced Member
i totally agree would love one of them .shame somebody wouldnt do a swap with me. does anyone know how hard it is 2 fit an exhaust ? :xconfused:

mikegsi

Staff member
thomsojf said:
i totally agree would love one of them .shame somebody wouldnt do a swap with me. does anyone know how hard it is 2 fit an exhaust ? :xconfused:
we talking cat back? Absolute doddle mate