Exhaust. Which one.

rascal69

Advanced Member
ok has some of you's will know i have iains old ep3.
I have fitted a toda catback. Great sound. That car is my little bro's

My next car is going to be a dc5. There is not alot of exhausts about for them.
So was thinking buying from touge distribution. My choices are j's racing 60r backbox. Have searched and i think its best sounding.
The other choice is j's racing 60rs catback. Sounds good but not as good as the 60r.
The 70rr just sounds like a wet fart so that is not even worth a mention.

What you's think? 60r with custom b pipe. 60rs.
Will be getting a arc intake and toda mani.

thanks

blueguy

Resident J's whore
By the sounds of it (excuse the pun), you want the J's exhaust that has the best sound? That's a very personal choice mate so it should really be down to you given that you've listened to clips on all of them.

Additionally, have you listened to all the variations? i.e. This time last year, J's released stainless steel versions of their then only titanium exhausts. The exhaust note is noticeably different between the Stainless Steel and titanium.

Lastly, from a personal point of view I couldn't disagree with you more about the 70RR. For me that's the definition of what a serious race car exhaust sounds like.

eXceed

Resident Driver
blueguy said:
By the sounds of it (excuse the pun), you want the J's exhaust that has the best sound? That's a very personal choice mate so it should really be down to you given that you've listened to clips on all of them.

Additionally, have you listened to all the variations? i.e. This time last year, J's released stainless steel versions of their then only titanium exhausts. The exhaust note is noticeably different between the Stainless Steel and titanium.

Lastly, from a personal point of view I couldn't disagree with you more about the 70RR. For me that's the definition of what a serious race car exhaust sounds like.
+1, if it was me and no sound limit it would always be the 70rr. Sounds actually pretty refined!

dave c

400hp K20
Couple of different ones on here:
http://www.reelmotion.co.uk/dyno-league-table/

All with video clips

Like others have said its all about personal pref at the end of the day.

I like i sporty but quiet sound - performance tuned kinda sound rather than all out shout.

But that means you are more limited by choice and power expectations

rodney

Advanced Member
rascal69 said:
My next car is going to be a dc5. There is not alot of exhausts about for them.
ORLY :-k

I think you mean if any RR is wet than it would be the 60rr but it's not exactly wet.

There's untold amount of options for the DC5. Have a search :idea:

rascal69

Advanced Member
I meant there's not alot of 2nd hand choices compared to the ep3.
Havnt seen a toda up for sale or anything like that.
Just the usual spoon and stuff.
So if I was going to be buying new it would be between a 60r with custom b pipe or a 60rs catback.
Will be getting a arc intake and toda mani aswel.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Where should I be looking? I can't seem to find many parts for the dc5. Only on this forum for the dc5.
On ctro and ek9.org and few other forums.
As I used to have a civic Jordan.