Exhaust woes

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Having a pain with my exhaust contacting the chassis. Which is confusing me.

I've swapped the mugen twin loop and DC Mani from my preface over to the new car. No problems, straight over as expected.

However, the angled section of the b pipe where it joins the manifold and goes across chassis, is contacting the chassis itself. I've adjusted all hangers, heated right up, bent it as far as possible to get clearance, but there's still contact. Swapped over all my enhine mounts, so it's a fraction less, but on startup it's woeful.

It seems to me the manifold is sitting around 10mm higher than on the old car. I've bought an unsilenced b pipe, which is actually worse as it's slightly thicker, so 100% sure it's the manifold position at issue.

What's the options? No problem on old car and don't really want to start cutting and welding if i can at all help it. As far as i know, the engine height and position can't be changed, but that's just how it feels, like it's a fraction higher!

Help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
I know it doesn't really help your situation, but when i fit my dc sports i found out that it was about 10mm shorter than the oem mani.. and was therefore caused the backbox to bang on the rear arb...
The only thing that could be at fault for yourself is that the flexi is broken causing it to sit at a different angle compared to normal?
Is your new car pre-face aswell?