Exhausts that don’t hang down.

macer

Advanced Member
I’m looking for a new exhaust that doesn’t hang down under the car, I have to drive over lot of speed bumps :evil: and the car is lowered.
I know the Mugen sits nicely under the car, are there any other good quality exhausts that don’t hang down under the cars body?
It must be as free flowing as a Js as I dont want to get a remap just cus I replaced the catback.

Allen

Advanced Member
Im using a DC Sports and it doesnt catch on speed bumps (unless is stupidly big)

macer

Advanced Member
Anyone know which way the Toda exhaust sits? Im looking for a OEM style fit from the Manifold to the backbox

mikegsi

Staff member
if you've lowered the car youy may struggle not to clip the speedbumps straight on.....

every aftermarket system i tried all hung lower than oem, dunno why, just did.

macer

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
if you've lowered the car youy may struggle not to clip the speedbumps straight on.....

every aftermarket system i tried all hung lower than oem, dunno why, just did.
Believe me I tried every which way but I scraped the exhaust to bits,
I completely destroyed my JS’Racing exhaust on a gate stump. I could have avoided it but I just didn’t see it. So ever since I’m in the market for a new one I going to try and get one that fits a bit better.

Suped

Advanced Member
Steer clear of HKS then, as I've had it and hung pretty low and caught it so many times with just lowering springs.

Agree with Allen, DC sports + DC sports mani don't catch, but need to take caution either way.

jay82

Advanced Member
i'm in the same postion macer. i've decide to chance the mugen twin loop, read somewhere its close to the oem one. some irish roads are u'd catch the exhaust of the ground at speed and most speed bumps are worst

g_mac

i have an Fujitisubo RM01 exhaust an DC Sports Mani, and it never catches and i'm very low ;)

mikegsi

Staff member
all my aftermarket ones were on a toda mani, the car sat on spoon progressives

hks silent hi-power cat back
spoon b pipe on oem back box (and Very briefly on spoon N1)
amuse titan r1 cat back

all scraped

Newty

Advanced Member
The bigger bore of the pipe won't help. I have a BuddyClub Pro Spec and noticed the bigger bore and how much closer to the ground it is straight away.

Have to go over the humps very careful!!!

phil r

Advanced Member
exhausts that dont hang down

Thats why I havn.t had mine lowered , waste of time around here , speed bumps etc , know someone who has bought a lowered one , with a hks exhaust as well :lol: , He is going to have some fun :)

Jayk

Advanced Member
ive tried spoon, toda, mugen, supersprint. but they've all been attached to toda manifold, crapped like hell. you could get someone who can make you up a pipe which sits higher. Good custom make one, they maybe able to alter the angle of the flange from the manifold.