Extra pipe after fitted M2

Justintian

Advanced Member
Can anyone let me know how do you deal with this extra pipe after you swap the IAM from oem to M2?
It is just next to the power steering pump. Do you fit a air filter? If so what's the size?

Thanks.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Well its not an RBC inlet for a start, if it was there would be a little pipe there for you to plumb into, I take it its a Skunk2 or something?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Yeah the Car will rev up and down without that pipe connected. Are you sure there is no where on the manifold you can connect it to? It is called the pcv valve. Not sure what it does but I think it is'' a vacuum line or something

Fez

Advanced Member
Pcv is positive crankcase ventilation, shouldn't idle irratic with it unplugged, its basically just a one way valve.

But agree thats not an RBC, looks like sk2 or m2.

Rom

Advanced Member
It's the vacuum pipe for the PCV as said. It's part of the oil breather system, to scavenge / evacuate oil gasses. I wouldn't just unplug it.

A simplified explanation, is air enters through the rocker cover, and leaves via the PCV. Though the rocker vents also.
Without the vacuum, the system isn't working as intended.
The system can be re worked , but not by just disconnecting this.

The revs will be the iacv, which almost always play up once the mani has been swapped.
Pretty much every mani fitted, spawns a thread about bad idle.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Justintian

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies.
I have fitted the M2 and kpro mapped the car. It runs very smooth tbh and no jump or up and downs on the revs. Maybe because I did clean the IACV before hand.

Rom said:
It's the vacuum pipe for the PCV as said. It's part of the oil breather system, to scavenge / evacuate oil gasses. I wouldn't just unplug it.

A simplified explanation, is air enters through the rocker cover, and leaves via the PCV. Though the rocker vents also.
Without the vacuum, the system isn't working as intended.
The system can be re worked , but not by just disconnecting this.

The revs will be the iacv, which almost always play up once the mani has been swapped.
Pretty much every mani fitted, spawns a thread about bad idle.

I read the PCV is a positive pressure port, so if you look the oem setting, the pipe is actually connect to the Intake, does that mean when there is a gas + engine oil mist coming out the port and sucked into the injector? Is that the main reason case the injector fail or the thick oil coating in your intake manifold? I do see a lot ppl just put a filter or connect a catch can to this port.

spooke

Advanced Member
My link was the wrong one sorry, have a Google about the PCV Valve. It vents it into the inlet manifold, hence the oil build up inside the manifold?

Rom

Advanced Member
Yes, that valve allows the oil vapours into the inlet, to be reburnt.
You can do away with it, you just need to research the setup, and do it properly. Not just unplug half the system.

Liam

Advanced Member
You'd ideally want to vent that into something like a catch can with a breather filter on it imo.

itrboi

Advanced Member
I have just fitted my skunk2 manifold, I have spoken to tdi-north and they said vent to atmosphere via a catch can. Basically what people have said about pcv, it releases pressure from the crank case, and for emission reasons manufactures use vacuum from the inlet manifold suck the vapour in order to burn the vapours.

Summary: buy catch can and duct that pipe to it, other port of catch can stick a breather filter on it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justintian

Advanced Member
itrboi said:
I have just fitted my skunk2 manifold, I have spoken to tdi-north and they said vent to atmosphere via a catch can. Basically what people have said about pcv, it releases pressure from the crank case, and for emission reasons manufactures use vacuum from the inlet manifold suck the vapour in order to burn the vapours.

Summary: buy catch can and duct that pipe to it, other port of catch can stick a breather filter on it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking at all kinds of post on the net, this seems the most effective one to do. I also came across the option to add another pipe in the same catch can and connect it to the crankcase pot for fresh air instead of taking air from the air box. But I suppose the pcv catch can is good solution so far :)