Extractors and Air Filter

kol_m_53100

1.Extractors....
Mugen
TODA
Spoon

The latest one in the market is by Mugen, anyone know any info bout the spec of it,is it a 2piece or a single piece type....out of these 3 witch one are the best....

Air Filter.....
Apexi
Mugen Air Box
AEM

Mugen costs heaps but doesnt suck hot air, Apexi nice sound but the positon of it is towards the other end of the car.....AEM i dont know anything bout it.....suggest witch one is better or if there is another good 1s out there....

Trung

Advanced Member
The new Mugen extractor/header/manifold is made street legal with a sports catylic convertor so therefore its extremely expensive at Y220,000 or 2000USD at www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=354

Looking at the design its a 2 piece extractor/header/manifold whereas you can remove the sports catylic convertor and replace it with a custom made decat pipe however the branches are still short compared to Toda.
Toda is still the best as its designed purely for race use and have extensive R&D carried on it for use with wilder cams therefore you'll gain the most power from it.

For air filter, good value for money will be a AEM/Injen CAI however the best performance comes from an airbox such as GruppeM.

jonster

Advanced Member
I've gotta agree with everything Trung has said. TODA is the ultimate but it costs. I'm sure the Mugen is good but it won't come near to the TODA (buy you will stay legal). I've personally found sticking with the stock 4-2 section and putting a Spoon 2-1 (Cat by-pass) has made good gains for not too much money (£200ish). I can swap back the stock CAT when I need to MOT.

Whatever you do, you need to map you ECU to match your mods to make the most of them.

Jon

sbm20

Hey guy's..........Realisticly, what HP gains are you getting from just bolting on the TOAD headers?? with/without cams??

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Trung,

I can't believe you haven't got a KPro by now. Your current setup is begging for it.

Jon