F1 Racing clutch any good?

brucey87

Advanced Member
My clutch is starting to give up so looking around to see whats about. The F1 racing clutch's seem to have mostly good reviews on clubrsx http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=518811 but not so good reviews on the turbo cars like scoobys, skylines etc.

Not sure if its a coinsidence, but iv only started getting problems with my clutch since iv had my car mapped to around 250bhp which is why im thinking of getting a stage 2 clutch. Iv also heard bad things about the exedy stage 1 & 2 clutch's with them being sent out with loose springs and they are a bit too grabby and harsh to drive with.

Is anybody running a F1 Racing stage 2 clutch on thier dc5? be good to get some feedback from uk dc5 owners before i purchase.

brucey87

Advanced Member
From Experience, get an oem clutch.

It's fine for 250bhp easily.

yh thats what i thought. I would rather get oem, just seems strange that its starting to go straight after i get it remapped. gear changes have gone really notchy and getting smell of clutch at high rpm.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I think exceed ran one (not sure what stage) for a short period of time.

AP-Performance

From my experience with the B series, F1 clutches are rubbish I know of more guys that had these fail in a matter of weeks. OEM clutch is pretty decent or splash out for a Exedy stage 2 paddle clutch, they can give a little judder on take off but not too bad and offer great clamping force.

eXceed

Resident Driver
No, OEM clutch is much better! Had a rather disastrous failure with one and I've been scarred for life :(.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replys, oem it is then! Would love that carbonetic blade one but dont think id need to spend nearly £400 on a clutch with my power.

Are you using Honda oem or Exedy oem? Exedy one is a bit cheaper. Think im gonna chuck a lighter flywheel on whilst the clutch being changed. Are the f1 flywheels ok to use or is it possible to get my flywheel lightened?

EDIT;
Just read the F1 racing flywheels weigh 4.65kg and oem dc5 flywheel is 4.7kg. think il go for a different flywheel lol.