Facelift body kits: Mugen vs Ings

tokgeen

I was never really a fan of Ings kit for the prefacelift. However I find this new version quite good looking... so i just wonder what you all would think between the 2, in terms of looks, and quality (mugen of course is high quality, but i dont know about ings)

Also, if you look at the ings link, i never knew that dc5 has this widening fender... i wonder how it would look, it doesnt provide a full picture. Do any of you have a pic of a dc5 with the wide fender kit?

http://www.ings-net.com/products/n-spec ... index.html

vs

http://www.mugen-power.com/past/integra/index.html

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Facelift INGS rear bumper is absolutely gorgeous. Why didnt they do the same for the pre-facelift? :(

But sayin that, both INGS and Mugen pre-facelift kits look better (bar the INGS rear bumper)

tokgeen

another question before i forget, is about the rear bumper part of the Ings kit. Is it one whole new piece by Ings (i.e. the whole bumper)? or is it a rear lip like the one in mugen which you add towards the facelifted rear bumper?

by looking at the pictures, im assuming for Ings, its one piece rear bumper.... what do you think? i think it looks awesome!

JCW

Advanced Member
yeah ings is one piece rear bumper, prefer it to the mugen rear lip effort. i do like the mugen front lip and skirts better than the ings also the mugen kit improves on the tegs aerodynamics.

Evs

Advanced Member
Not generally a fan of bodykits but I like the diffuser idea on the Ings, although the 'ducts' on the sides look fussy and naff imho.

tokgeen

yeh evs, i agree with you about the front lips. The thing is, i have a prefacelift, i like the looks of facelift dc5 when coupled with body kit... so i am thinking maybe use INGS rear bumper, sideskirts, then mugen front and hood... (obviously need to change the lights too)... how u guys think it would look?

Evs

Advanced Member
I was talking about the ings rear bumper, not the front lip

Funny you should say that; I was going to suggest just buying a pre-facelift car as they look better in the first place and don't need a bodykit... :idea: :lol:

luffy

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Funny you should say that; I was going to suggest just buying a pre-facelift car as they look better in the first place and don't need a bodykit... :idea: :lol:
truth!

JCW

Advanced Member
nah facelift dc5 rules look at this one :p

mugen rear lip looks much better with the black bit painted like that methinks