Facelift DC5's can be Kpro'd

turbo5

Advanced Member
Just got back from TDI, System R. I had the US Kpro has a loaner whilst my ECU was sent away for modifying. This afternoon he swapped it over for my modified original.
I don't know why but it feels a lot better with the original than the loaner US kpro.
if anyone buys a US kpro note the green key symbol will constantly flash. on the dashboard.

turbo5

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
You can disable the key immobiliser symbol in K manager
He did that, it turned off the immobliliser in the ECU but still had the key flashing.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Good to hear that the facelift has now got the green light for KPRO.

My ECU will be off to TDi north soon... :D

jostrom

Advanced Member
turbo5 said:
I don't know why but it feels a lot better with the original than the loaner US kpro.
That's your imagination :wink: The only difference is in the mapping. Obviously your US K-Pro wasn't mapped properly. US K-Pro works just as well as the K-Pro'd original. (Of course the immobilizer is the other issue, but that does not affect the performance)

turbo5 said:
if anyone buys a US kpro note the green key symbol will constantly flash. on the dashboard.
No it won't. Just disconnect immob-unit connector inside steering column and you won't have a flashing green light in your dash. 2min job.

turbo5

Advanced Member
jostrom said:
turbo5 said:
That's your imagination :wink: The only difference is in the mapping. Obviously your US K-Pro wasn't mapped properly. US K-Pro works just as well as the K-Pro'd original. (Of course the immobilizer is the other issue, but that does not affect the performance)

turbo5 said:

No it won't. Just disconnect immob-unit connector inside steering column and you won't have a flashing green light in your dash. 2min job.
Like I said, it appears better, the mapping was exactly the same, as the map was just transfered over, the map wasn't touched. I agree it must be my imagination, most probably not having that bloody green light flashing at me all the time.

So there is a way around around this. Which is good so if someone wants to keep their original ECU they can buy a US kpro which can be sold on when it comes to selling the car.