Facelift factory alarm and immobliser and insurance

yosin

Advanced Member
Brentacre are asking me for alarm certificate to cover for theft.

Is the factory fitted not sufficient?
Anybody else have same issue?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Facelift is manufacturer installed. That should be more than enough for them.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
yosin said:
Brentacre are asking me for alarm certificate to cover for theft.

Is the factory fitted not sufficient?
Anybody else have same issue?
I had this issue with Brent acre. I think its a standard question they asked.

I have an aftermarket sterling alarm and immobiliser and they wanted me to get it tested from somewhere but the closest authorised sterling alarm fitter was 150miles away. They agreed that the certificate was proof enough after that.

yosin

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Facelift is manufacturer installed. That should be more than enough for them.

That is what i thought. They said because it's import it needs a aftermarket security system fitted

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Nope. Factory is factory.

You have a owner's manual for car? There will be a page in there on it. Japanese tho lol. Brentacre should know better really tho.

Rom

Advanced Member
The issue may be, being jdm, it's probably not Thatcham approved / recognised. That's not to say companies won't accept it.

Greenlight didn't ask for my certificate, stating oem is enough. Despite mine being pfl

Any Thatcham approved installer should be able to provide a certificate saying its up to spec. I've used a non Toad installer to get a certificate, which my insurance accepted on a previous car.
Technically, I work on factory fitted Cat 1s and Trackers, so I can feasibly stamp my own

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

yosin

Advanced Member
Rom said:
The issue may be, being jdm, it's probably not Thatcham approved / recognised. That's not to say companies won't accept it.

Greenlight didn't ask for my certificate, stating oem is enough. Despite mine being pfl

Any Thatcham approved installer should be able to provide a certificate saying its up to spec. I've used a non Toad installer to get a certificate, which my insurance accepted on a previous car.
Technically, I work on factory fitted Cat 1s and Trackers, so I can feasibly stamp my own

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Sky insurance never asked me before either. Brentacre asked me for my pfl which i did have and sent off to them. But facelift I thought they would accept as it is from factory as with any other car on the road. I did tell them i have the car manual for them to go through and that it would be pointless for me to pay monies for somebody to tell me I have a factory alarm fitted.

I'm now confused as to whether they will still cover me for theft on a factory alarm immobiliser or do they need a after market alarm install.

A local installer quoted around 100 quid for them to check over and provide a certificate. For that money im thinking i may aswel just get aftermarket fitted.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk