Facelift front fogs kit

coconat

Advanced Member
Hi folks,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-06-Honda-Integra-DC5-Clear-Front-Fog-lights-Type-R-/380739916880?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58a5de1450#ht_2137wt_1158

I'm considering buying the front fog kit for facelift DC5 as above, just wanted to check here first how does it work with regards to fitting as I currently have a rear fog wired into the rear cluster with the switch located in the usual spot

The button included in the kit looks like the EP3 one I was going to buy just wanted to know is it possible to wire both rear fog cluster and this kit in together so they both work on the one switch? I am assuming it can be done but I know imports can be a bit fiddly with things like this

If so have any members done this with their car and how easy/difficult was it to do?

I'm still in two minds about the kit, I love the fog look but it does look rather USDM so wanted to weigh up the easiness/difficulty of actually installing the kit as well before I decide what to do

Thanks in advance :) any pics of the fogs installed on your FL are welcomed and appreciated!

Edit: I remember seeing a beautiful white FL with the mugen lip on here with these, it was the one that first made me want them myself if anyone knows who I mean would appreciate a name as would be handy to ask them direct!

coconat

Advanced Member
Hmm.. very fair point..I have seen them with the front fogs before if only I could remember who they would be ideal to ask

dave7368

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
But then you wont have brake cooloing ducts :xaiweb6:
Like they really do any good.. the exit end is no where near the brakes... both mine had to go and no difference noticed

maxvr6

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
Like they really do any good.. the exit end is no where near the brakes... both mine had to go and no difference noticed
True, it does look like they don't really direct the air into the right place but who knows how the air flows once it exits the duct, surely Honda knows what they are doing.

But what is the car really being used for, if no track work then the brake ducts are probably pointless. I however wouldn't remove them as I know my discs easily get up to 300c on a hot lap. Using my temp gun I recorded 250c on my front discs without a cooling down lap, so I'd rather leave them in just incase.

Kerv

Advanced Member
It is a straight forward install (what I can remember). :xaiweb6:

Your front bumper fog light sections just unclip, so no cutting required. I removed my front bumper for easier access.

I didn't think about hooking the rear fog to the front fog, but if you just connect the positives together and negatives together, I cant see why it should not work.

With the brake ducts, if you are not on track or racing every day, I wouldn't worry about it.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33197-kervs-facelift-dc5/

coconat

Advanced Member
Car will be used for daily, when it comes to a track day I could always pop the OEMs back in :D cheers guys, sounds like a done deal then!

Shiro_DC5

Ooh I was just looking at these, did you order them exact ones or go in search of a decent set? I expect genuine Honda ones will be in the several hundreds of pounds vicinity (if they are even still available).

I have ebay special foglights on my EG and so far the units themselves seem okay, however I did seal them with sealant at others' recommendation before I fitted. The worst part about them is the switch is hopelessly cheap and doesn't work properly so I am looking to get hold of an OEM. To be perfectly honest, it's just for visual appearance - I like how they look, it's never foggy enough to actually need them!

coconat

Advanced Member
I haven't ordered yet, think I'm going to shop around and find some better quality ones rather than this set as they seem very cheap makes me a bit wary

I would never actually use them I think, mostly just for looks really

Shiro_DC5

Okay, well I took the plunge on the cheap ones. Mainly because I couldn't find any more expensive! Response from seller is encouraging. Ordered Sunday, despatched Monday. So I'll let you know how it goes. I also ordered footwell lights too, which arrived today... Think I've got SADs already so am compelled to light up the world!

Shiro_DC5

Quick update - I ordered from that ebay link last sunday. They arrived Friday via Fedex, direct from California, no issues with import tax as promised. One edge of the box appeared to have been slit open, could've been by customs? Would've been nice if they'd sealed it back up! Did not appear to have any effect on the contents. The kit was packaged loosely in the box (ie, no retail packaging) but it all appears to be there. Quality looks fine to me considering it was £65 delivered from the US. I'm amazed anyone can make money this way. Real proof will be during fitting, not sure when that is likely to be, possibly during christmas holiday, so don't wait for that update!

I found Password:JDM do kits too for about twice the price (they also sell OEM for even more too!). I just struggle to accept that they aren't just the same ones with their brand name slapped on. How many factories in China can really be making such a low volume item?

integraleo

Advanced Member
I indeed did have the yellow versions of these,my car came fitted with clear ones with proper big fog light button fitted next to wing mirror adjustment. As said before make sure you seal them as when mine leaked it peeled all the yellow colouring off from inside and it looked black. In regards to brake cooling I really really never noticed a difference so don't worry about it. I have a different front bumper now so don't have them anymore. I now have a JUN front bumper (probably a copy) that makes the front end look like a facelift model by covering up the teardrop parts on the lights.