Facelift Rear lights

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Hey

I need some help to figure out something, I might of just confused my self and tbh I think I already know the answer but any help :) lol

I really want the 4 stop lights you pre facelift owners have :(, but since I own a facelift I don't know if it can be done, my rear lights are stoplight, indicators and reversing light, iv had a look at the wiring and that doesn't seem to be the problem, the problem seems to be the actual light unit.

From what I can see the only way to do it would mean loosing the indicators or reversing lights. And even then only one lens is red the other too are clear with reflective sliver backing....:(

Has any facelift owners done it or anyone know how I could do it, there is a little how to guide on this but that's when I came up with this problem so...

Thanks in advance

Alex.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
what you would need are the rsx rear light units , and lose the reversing lights changing them to indicators

Kerv

Advanced Member
The RSX rear lights in the US have 2 red spots and 1 clear in each unit, but I think it works the same as ours but with a red indicator.
Possibly look at using a double filament bulb for the indicator, and a bit of rewiring. Just thinking out loud!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
we arnt allowed red indicators , but converting the reversing lights would be fine (although legally they should be further apart it wont matter) , you would use twin filament bulbs in the reds so they would both be stop and tail

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Cheers lads, sounds like plan to me :). I need new rear lights so on the to do list it goes :). I could do the mugen rear lip and put the fog light where kerv has it placed, maybe also the reversing light?....hmmm.

Do lot know if you can get rsx parts from honda uk?

Mark_teg said:
Should've bought a pre-facelift to start with :p
Haha not going to argue that. facelift with a pre rear end.....sorted :).

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Alexander0628 said:
Cheers lads, sounds like plan to me :). I need new rear lights so on the to do list it goes :). I could do the mugen rear lip and put the fog light where kerv has it placed, maybe also the reversing light?....hmmm.

Do lot know if you can get rsx parts from honda uk?

Haha not going to argue that. facelift with a pre rear end.....sorted :).
Max has already done that ;)

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
Max has already done that ;)
Nice one bud :), any idea if he's got a build thread? This is something I'm gonna have to do, only worry is the indicators being in the middle.