Facelift suspension changes

George K

Advanced Member
Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but I could not find the answer in a quick search.

Many after market suspoension kits are described as pre facelift, which implies that there was a change.

Can anyone explain what the difference is please?

thanks in advance.

Evs

Advanced Member
I'm not aware of any differences that affect the installation of a complete kit (ie coilovers).

The strut towers have different bracing on the facelift but I don't think the topmount bolt patterns are different, not 100% sure about this though :?

Lowering springs are different between pre- and post-facelift cars but that's only an issue if you're replacing the springs and keeping the OEM dampers.

George K

Advanced Member
Facelift suspension

Are the springs different because the of the location on the standard dampers?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Hi George...rear springs are the same as pre-facelift...front springs on pre-facelift are coiled the same way but on facelift one spring is coiled clockwise and the other is anti-clockwise... :? HTH

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Eibach do lowerd spring kits for pre and facelift models,

Coilovers will fit both models, The topmmount is turned but has the same bolt pattern
TGM can source the spring kits for you
Call Tom on 01252811972

George K

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info re Eibachs. The reason that I am even asking about them, is that I intend to use the car for hill climbing, where we tend to run the cars suprisingly soft, be they a Gould single seater or a productiion saloon. As an example a colleague running a Dallara set up by Gould has springs a quarter of those used for circuit racing.The problem with coil overs is that most of them seem to be designed for spring rates of 6 - 8 kg/mm, which is far too stiff. My design target is circa 4.5 - 5.0, which according to my calculations requires a free spring length of 225 - 250 mm, which could well be too long for the correct ride height and could bring coil binding issues unless I resort to long bump stops, which then changes the rate too soon! a bit of a catch 22?