facelift?

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
hi all

i'm just trying to find some pictures and info on the pre-facelife models and the facelift models if that makes sense?

i.e different lights, bumper, fog lights or no fog lights e.t.c

i've also come across the "spec c" model, does this come with just a rear wiper, privacy glass and electric folding mirrors?

oh one last question how come some of the models have black recaros and not the coloured ones in the white and blue models?

sorry for the q's, i'm very new to the whole teg 5 scene.

thanks craig

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
The facelift happened in September 2004, there were no substantial changes, but the changes included:

• Suspension was slightly improved
• Revised front headlights
• Revised rear lights
• new front and rear bumpers
• Immobilizer and alarm added
• instrument dials revised
• washer jets colour coded
• 10kg added

The blue was also changed although I'm not entirely sure whether this happened at the same time as the facelift.

C Pack adds:
• Electric folding mirrors
• Rear tints
• rear wash wipe

A Pack adds:
• Rear tints only

Starter button was an option and was not included in any of the above packs.

Different colour combinations were offered, as far as I'm aware it was:

White cars - Red or Black Recaros
Silver cars - Red or Black Recaros
Black cars - Red or Black Recaros
Red cars - Red or Black Recaros
Blue cars - Blue or Black Recaros

Carpets and door material also got the colour treatment. Many people have interchanged the interiors too, so there are further combinations...

Check out the gallery for pics!

HTH :wink:

GAZ777

Advanced Member
Pre-facelift ran from 2001 - 2004
Facelift ran from 2004 - 2007

Go look in the gallery section for the cosmetic differences, all that was changed was non-tear drop headlights and tail lights and new back and front bumpers, and internals I think it was just white dials and the suspension changed. Prefer the pre-face lift imo.

I'm pretty sure that fog lights were an optional extra on both models.

There is different variants of the "C-pack"

- Tinted windows, rear windscreen wiper and electric folding mirrors.

Also optional push button start... 8)

There is also a "B-pack"
I think this was tinited windows & folding mirrors........someone will prob correct me :lol:

The interior came in two simple colour options either; red interior or black interior - was just preference of the buyer

The blue DC5 also came with a blue interior, but the blue interior wont normally be found in a black - red - silver or white DC5
Colour of the interior generally went by the colour of the car im sure.

Btw try the search button it's a brilliant feature and will reveal or your un-answered Q's :D

P.S. you will not be disspointed owning a 5 8)

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies, that clears things up a bit.

i've looked in the gallery and i prefere the pre-facelift model.

but no alarm and immoblilizer from the factory, now that does surprise me. What about central locking?

jay82

Advanced Member
GAZ777 said:
the fog lights were never a optional extra they came from the rsx and the standard models not the type R. I'm near 100% on that

GAZ777

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
GAZ777 said:
the fog lights were never a optional extra they came from the rsx and the standard models not the type R. I'm near 100% on that
Who was to say I was going to get everything correct :lol: - thanks for the correction though 8)

brucey87

Advanced Member
i may be wrong? but i think the facelifts have a torshion bar but pre facelifts have independant suspension?

i know the FN2 civics have a torshion bar........ i think? :lol:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
chiefpulsar said:
Thanks for the replies, that clears things up a bit.

i've looked in the gallery and i prefere the pre-facelift model.

but no alarm and immoblilizer from the factory, now that does surprise me. What about central locking?
You prefer the pre facelift... as do I :wink:

All cars in the UK will have at least an immobiliser, but I think you'll find 95% of them will have a CAT 1 alarm already for insurance purposes ... so is not an issue. Central locking is standard on all models.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
i may be wrong? but i think the facelifts have a torshion bar but pre facelifts have independant suspension?

I thought the FN2 had a leaf spring setup... :roll:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
DaveD said:
Did they offer the facelift in Silver?
I have never seen one.
Never seen one either, I'm guessing Honda dropped it when they revised the blue... :?

jay82

Advanced Member
DaveD said:
I have never seen one.
i seen a 2007 0ne there last year here in ireland wish i took a photo now :lol:

jay82

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
DaveD said:
I have never seen one.
i seen a 2007 0ne there last year here in ireland wish i took a photo now :lol:
http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... a/1605950/

don't no if its a real one don't no what the chassie code for the facelift is
DanSwift1988 said:
I've never seen a 2007 Teg, infact I don't think I've seen an '06! Facelift IMO looks much cleaner!
teggs went of production in late 2007 and u can even find a 2008 if u look hard :D
http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... ra/994386/

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
thanks for the reply everyone, i dont intend on starting a fight between which one looks better/nicer i just wanted to know what the differences were. both models look sweet as but I personally prefer the pre-facelift.

anyway did the "c" pack definatly come with the engine start button, i know, little things please little minds but i quite like that feature, which is what i'll be looking for when i come to buy one. :p

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
chiefpulsar said:
anyway did the "c" pack definatly come with the engine start button, i know, little things please little minds but i quite like that feature, which is what i'll be looking for when i come to buy one. :p
No, the start button is an option in it's own right, it is not a part of any pack.

EDIT: They can be bought and retrofitted without too much difficulty, if your pretty good with your hands... I wouldn't let something like a starter button blind you from buying the right car... :!:

turbo5

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:

I hope you are having laugh ? otherwise let me know and I will put you forward for a Darwin award. :lol:

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
haha, no i didn't mean it like that, its just a feature that i like and wont put me off buying one if it didn't have it on the vehicle!!