Faded Brembo's...

ljcharm

Brembos on the DC5 could benefit from a paint refurb. Just wondering what the best approach is for this? Local garage said they can spray them factory colour and apply the proper stencils. Or should I send them off for a professional pot blast service, I imagine the garage will literally just spray and lacquer them.

dave7368

Advanced Member
have a go yourself, plenty of ''how to refurb calipers'' on here.

even carpenters can do it !!! ;)

ljcharm

I dont have the time or patience to be doing this myself, I probably could, but would never get the desired effect and to be fair, I would not want to do that to my girl!

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
well, it's really not that hard to get a good finish, but looks like you will be giving someone a load of cash for a few hours work...

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Did mine myself, im an electrician. Haha

Total for me was 4 hours work, an old newspaper, and about £9 in paint. Had primer already.

And over a year later .....

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I did a few for my ep3 before I had fitment issues and I did get one Slight run in the laquer:-(

gaza4

Advanced Member
out of interest what code of paint are people using and where are yous getting the stickers from???

C2AXG

Advanced Member
stickers are probably hi temp from ebay and most people use the VHT red and laquer from ebay too I believe.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Brake calipers themselves on a day to day basis do not get hot enough to require vht paint. Normal paint can withstand 120 degrees as is. The paint I used was from a cheap motor factors with lots of reds, i took a card of samples out and found the closest one....its miles away from the rear so unless you go fir a completely different shade of red there is quite a high chance that many different reds will visibly look the same or indeed very similar. You won't be able to notice, so just go for as close a match as possible. :)

I used halfords heavy duty laquer on top, left it for 2 weeks and then put a cheap ebay 80mm sticker on. Didn't laquer over the top as ive seen them turn yellow when people layer it up with thick coats of laquer. So nothing special, just stuck on and washed regularly, they are still perfect today. :) sticker hasn't peeled atall, nor has it faded, got brake dust in the edges etc, its just a thin sticker.

I used as cheap as chips supplies, the only thing that makes it a good job is prep. Make it smooth, remove all dirt and give ot a good degrease etc and take your time, and you will be fine.

But again, you don't need to go vht, or anything special. Seen a few vht jobs and it looks like it's been repainted, abit obvious if you know what I mean? mine looks more like the day it left the factory if im honest. Not blowing my own trumpet or anything, but im well impressed with how its lasted, have ago yourself and you'll be amazed. :) worst that can happen is they don't turn out how you want and you've wasted £20 , and get them done by someone else.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I had a go at these myself a while back, i got a couple of rattle cans which was Audi Lazer Red and used high temp lacquer to go over the top.

Take your time and you will be surprised at the finish you can get.