Failed mot and now allingment doesn't feel right :(

Char_x

Soo I just picked my car up from the garage, after failing it's mot yesterday ( anti roll bar joint ) it was booked in this morning to get the part replaced and also have a four wheel alignment done as after I had my Eibach springs, camber arms + bolts fitted by a friend, the car felt weird and the steering felt really loose so I assumed it must be the allingment.
When driving it home, the steering isn't loose anymore but it just doesn't feel right..I can't describe it but I feel like it's pulling to the right and it just doesn't feel like my car :(
My boyfriend thinks I'm imagining things as I'm
always parinoid something is wrong with it but I know my car and I know when it doesn't feel right!

Here's a print out of the alignment, after doing a search on here and looking at some others, my settings seem to be completely different to everyone else's..could this be why it doesn't feel right??

Mark_teg

Staff member
Ask them how can they justify everything being un-equal.. There's some substantial differences there. I'd take it somewhere else for alignment looking at them settings.

Char_x

Mark_teg said:
Ask them how can they justify everything being un-equal.. There's some substantial differences there. I'd take it somewhere else for alignment looking at them settings.
I know! Iv looked at loads of other peoples and I can't believe what they have done! Is it everyone's running -1.5 camber all round for a good setup or any recommendations as I plan on taking it back next week on my day off and giving them the settings I want it at, not trusting them to do it!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
As Mark said, your alignment settings on one side are noticeably different than the other. It's not even at all hence the pulling.

That's actually quite shocking for an alignment.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Your based in street right? I got mine setup in Bridgwater on a four wheel laser, with DC5 settings saved in it. And there the same settings as TGM use too (I checked)lol. Place called bridgwater tyres and exhausts. Supurb set up, great guys, and its brilliant on the road

Char_x

Jimmer said:
Your based in street right? I got mine setup in Bridgwater on a four wheel laser, with DC5 settings saved in it. And there the same settings as TGM use too (I checked)lol. Place called bridgwater tyres and exhausts. Supurb set up, great guys, and its brilliant on the road
Yeah I'm in street, thing is Iv already paid for this now and I can't afford to pay for it again :( I'm going to take it back there next week as I'm really not happy with it and get them to re-do it but I am never taking my car there again after that!
Do you have your print out that I could see so I could take that and show them that's the settings I want? :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Personally i would demand my money back, thats not an alignment its a mis-alignment and therefore mis-described and not fit for purpose, then take it where Jimmer has recommended. Shocking the amount of garages that do this kind of shoddy work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Would do but im not at home at the mo... I took a tgm frsu to those guys to compare, but they had the same on their system. I took a copy of Porthos's frsu sheet from this very forum, may be worth having a search to find it. If you can wait untill monday I can post up mine then.? :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
As above, get your money back. Take the sheet and ask them to explain it and how they've made an 'improvement'. The short answer is - they haven't!

There's lots of different settings on the forum, but as long as they're equal side to side that's a main priority! In your pic the rear camber setting is a different shade, highlighting to the mech that the setting is out of specs...

Anyway, I'm babbling now.. Mine is in my thread in my sig. somewhere.

HORSEBOX

Total Frauds eh, Got mine done der after picked up me new Teg n was told by few mates be wide about who ya go too to get it done.
Don't blame ya for having to go back lik,Fact you paid for the Track already its just sicking ders cowboys out der like that... :xprotest:

blueguy

Resident J's whore
HORSEBOX said:
Total Frauds eh, Got mine done der after picked up me new Teg n was told by few mates be wide about who ya go too to get it done.
Don't blame ya for having to go back lik,Fact you paid for the Track already its just sicking ders cowboys out der like that... :xprotest:
Please watch the text talk, it's one of the forum rules.

Thanks

Rom

Advanced Member
Have you got front adjustable camber ?

They have only improved the front toe really. Which isnt even,

They can move slightly when you tighten the lock nuts up. So id imagine they were just lazy and left it rather than do it again. Id certainly go back to them. They have a right to rectify it i think before refunding.
They obviously have a reasonably decent machine. So its quite easy to setup. You just follow the pictures! Unless your going to different specs than the machine has stored.

Thrust angle and camber are the biggest issues there.

Col R

Char_x said:
Yeah I'm in street, thing is Iv already paid for this now and I can't afford to pay for it again :( I'm going to take it back there next week as I'm really not happy with it and get them to re-do it but I am never taking my car there again after that!
Do you have your print out that I could see so I could take that and show them that's the settings I want? :)
It's unfortunate that you have to take it back to them when you obviously don't trust them as they didn't take the time to set it up right the first time round. If it were me I'd speak to them before you go back and and let them know that you expect a refund as they're incompetency has cost you twice the time and petrol as well you're faith in them. I'd also remind them it's a safety issue and you don't want to involve trading standards. Give the company a chance to put it right though as it may just be a bad technician

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Can you adjust the rear camber too? if so take something between -1 and -1,5 degree all around for fast road setup. a little toe out on the front max 0,06 degrees and max 0.06 toe in on the rear. good luck.

Char_x

Thanks guys for all your advice! I rang the garage yesterday and basically told them that I really wasn't happy, they left my car unsafe, I didn't want to take my car back there again and as I now have lost all faith in them and I wasn't happy at the fact of wasting twice the amount and my time and fuel and after a lot of apologies...the manager has offered me a re-allingment ( with my settings so I will make sure they do a FRSU! ;) ) and also a full refund so I'm pretty happy with that, although I won't be using them again! Ha! :)