Failed MOT - Rear Fog light colour :(

jo3y

Just failed my MOT because the rear fog light isn't the proper shade of red.... It's coming through the right reverse light and has a red bulb fitted but as it's coming through a clear cluster it looks pink.

Is there an easy way around this?

Cheers

jo3y

Just managed to find a post saying a powerful red LED bulb will work... I need it for tomorrow morning though so the retest is free. Can someone please send me a link to the right bulb and hopefully a place I can buy them.

jo3y

mark_ctr said:
How about just doing the centre 2 brake light mod?? Guide on here somewhere and mine passed with that fine.

Here you go
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Well it's already wired up for using the reverse light and I like having 4 brake lights... plus it needs to be retested tomorrow or I'll have to pay again, so time is a little short. If someone can confirm this light will get it through it's MOT then I'll take the easy option, if not I best get buying a soldering iron :cry:

Tim J

Advanced Member

jo3y

kingston said:
red nail varnish for it too pass, bulbs after
So Red nail varish on the bulb will get it through? Any particular brand or tone of red :lol:

Tim - I took the bulb out on my way to halfrauds and realised it wouldn't fit.. I'll order one of autobulbs then cheers. Just hope the nail varnish trick will get me through tomorrow :?

jo3y

I've just ordered the light bulb and called Honda Stockport... the guy said just keep him upto date and let him know if the bulb arrives, if it doesn't then he'll still retest for free on Wednesday.

Cheers for the help :D

kingston

Advanced Member
sorry, no on the outside of the lens. Ive got mine like that though needs redoing as its fading now

Mark_teg

Staff member
jo3y said:
mark_ctr said:
How about just doing the centre 2 brake light mod?? Guide on here somewhere and mine passed with that fine.

Here you go
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Well it's already wired up for using the reverse light and I like having 4 brake lights... plus it needs to be retested tomorrow or I'll have to pay again, so time is a little short. If someone can confirm this light will get it through it's MOT then I'll take the easy option, if not I best get buying a soldering iron :cry:
Just change it back after the MOT then. Use bullet connectors or similar...

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
They failed mine on my cars last MOT for this, then they stuck some red tape on the outside of the cluster which changed the shade and immediately passed it. Of course this came off before I left.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
dont this cluster mod get tested initially at point of picking up the car? thought they have to go through mot first?

Tim J

Advanced Member
kingston said:
Tim,

Will the bulbs pass the mot?

Thanks
- Yes mate - they will as they are bright enough and red :D as opposed to pink :oops:

HTH

Cheers

Tim