Fake k-tuned shifter box

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
So these fit under the gaitor so you dont see them?
That's one of the things I am waiting for confirmation on. The adverts online state it is the Racing spec, and if i remember correctly the Racing one only fits with the gaiter part if you cut a gap in it?

I'm sure an updated review will be put up soon once its all fitted and tested by Mr Plasmapants himself.

Crackfox said:
So these fit under the gaitor so you dont see them?
That's one of the things I am waiting for confirmation on. The adverts online state it is the Racing spec, and if i remember correctly the Racing one only fits with the gaiter part if you cut a gap in it?

I'm sure once

Plasmapants

I can confirm that it does not fit under the gaitor

The problem it has is it fits snug underneath but the problem starts when you want 6th or reverse and the unit hits the top cover not allowing it to get into gear . You could get inventive with a dremel and keep the gaitor still but I‘m not on that gig so I won‘t be keeping the unit . £100 if anyone wants it .

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Plasmapants said:
I can confirm that it does not fit under the gaitor

The problem it has is it fits snug underneath but the problem starts when you want 6th or reverse and the unit hits the top cover not allowing it to get into gear . You could get inventive with a dremel and keep the gaitor still but I‘m not on that gig so I won‘t be keeping the unit . £100 if anyone wants it .
Hey Bud, did you take any pictures of it when you test fitted?

Just wondering how far in it would be on Reverse and 6th Gear. As I have the Type S center console, the gear gaitor trim is different.

Plasmapants

Ok quick update

I have used the copy for a few days now and it works fine . I have now just fitted a genuine one so I‘ll see if it feels pretty much the same . There is a difference moving the shaft right over to 5th 6th and reverse but I think that‘s more to setting up the shifter as the race version is purely for banging 1st to 4th .
Obviously there is a difference as the copy is the race version and genuine is the standard . only bought the original so it fits under the gaitor and so only I know it‘s there.
Will give another update at the weekend but what I can say is it works and fits exactly the same . As for cowling fouling in 6th and reverse I did not take pics but I did take a pic of the original just fitted .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Nice Gear Knob haha.

Thanks for all the info. I am very tempted to try it out, originally i wanted just a standard one too so it all fits under the gaiter. I can probably cut into mine (as it's the type S gaiter) so if i mess it up it wont be too much of a problem to replace.
Where are you based by the way?
Since your post, have you noticed anything different between the standard and the "fake"?

Thanks bud.

Hyn

Plasmapants

Pokeball !! Gotta catch em all

Yeah I‘m in Gloucester . As for difference ! Not a lot . Pushing to the far right for 5th 6th and reverse feels more notchy than the original but I think that‘s just down to setup of the pivot ball .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk