Fake Takatas on Fake Britain

jown

Advanced Member
So I got banned years ago on shitvic life forum for mentioning this topic because they allowed people to sell fake takatas

Anyone running them?

sorry for the poor quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkt6ahLgr8

People say they are safe....?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
jown said:
So I got banned years ago on excrementvic life forum for mentioning this topic because they allowed people to sell fake takatas

Anyone running them?

sorry for the poor quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkt6ahLgr8

People say they are safe....?
If anyone has ever considered putting these in a car they need their license taking off them. The one thing that will save your life, and people choose to scrimp for the sake of 'scene'. Genuine or nothing for harnesses. They'll kill you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
The crash test footage is truly shocking 😳

I wonder how many are actually in cars and being used regularly

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Some products you just don't cheat on when it's for your own safety. Seatbelts, seats, brakes and tyres are for me the most important items on which you don't cheat. If it isn't for your safety, think about the other "innocent" people who are involved when there is an accident.

jown

Advanced Member
I too was shocked when I seen the crash test :O

Off topic - Anyone used or heard of Raemco? I was looking at a 4 point

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I find it hard to believe people are willing to sell these products, they obviously have no regard for the safety of people they are selling them to

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
You might as well just strap a noose the the harness bar and hope for the best.

People badly fitting proper seats or home made rails are equally as lethal.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I once knew a guy that bought some accord Type R seats. He tried mounting them to a 3 door civic.... When I couldn't contain my laughter anymore, he couldn't seem to grasp the reasons why it was a bad idea and why I refused to get in t again.... If the seats are fixed and meant for 4 doors and he was in an accident with passenger in the back, they would have to wind the seat fully forward turn by turn to escape. That didn't seem to phase him one bit.

When he then proceeded to say he couldn't find any rails, so he made some out of Radiator wall mounting brackets, I was done. haha. complete death trap !!! (He deleted me on Facebook after this, how tragic) haha

Some people will just never learn. I don't wish accidents on anybody, but some people will only change after experiencing something catastrophic. Stay safe people.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I once knew a guy that bought some accord Type R seats. He tried mounting them to a 3 door civic.... When I couldn't contain my laughter anymore, he couldn't seem to grasp the reasons why it was a bad idea and why I refused to get in t again.... If the seats are fixed and meant for 4 doors and he was in an accident with passenger in the back, they would have to wind the seat fully forward turn by turn to escape. That didn't seem to phase him one bit.

When he then proceeded to say he couldn't find any rails, so he made some out of Radiator wall mounting brackets, I was done. haha. complete death trap !!! (He deleted me on Facebook after this, how tragic) haha

Some people will just never learn. I don't wish accidents on anybody, but some people will only change after experiencing something catastrophic. Stay safe people.
Someone recently advertised a set of seats that were originally from a 4 door car (Accord type R I believe) which he had sent to capital seating and had them fully converted for use in a 3 door car. I didn't know this was even possible and question how safe these would be...

adam.

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Someone recently advertised a set of seats that were originally from a 4 door car (Accord type R I believe) which he had sent to capital seating and had them fully converted for use in a 3 door car. I didn't know this was even possible and question how safe these would be...
Those Recaros can be safely converted to flip forward, the mechanism is all there in the seat, you just need to add the handles.

jown

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
You might as well just strap a noose the the harness bar and hope for the best.

People badly fitting proper seats or home made rails are equally as lethal.

for the scene points lol