Falken FK452

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Just had four of these fitted and so far so good. I will do a proper write up once they are scrubbed in but they are very grippy and I cannot complain yet.

Bargain at £82 a corner fitted as well compared to say Potenza RE050 at £110 (my local fitter) (which I had before).

qamvti

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
Let us all know how they compare with the RE050's mate when you've had a chance to test them thoroughly :)
I get mine fitted for £68 :lol: and yes you will like them.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
celox performance said:
Let us all know how they compare with the RE050's mate when you've had a chance to test them thoroughly :)
I get mine fitted for £68 :lol: and yes you will like them.
Good price but that's what you get for being ooooop norf.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
I had these when I had 18" wheels on the car and for the price I can't fault them, I had just as much confidence in them as I have in the Potenzas that I'm now running, the price is very appealing too and I found Camskills the cheapest supplier when buying.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I am loving these. They squeal a lot more than the pots but for performance I cannot fault them. Great purchase and a good deal saved.

They dealt very well with an almost flooded drive home from Bournemouth the other day, they dealt with standing water absolutely fine.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I am loving these.

So glad I didn't spend the extra on the Potenza's as it is no way worth it.

mikegsi

Staff member
MilanoChris said:
Bargain at £82 a corner fitted as well compared to say Potenza RE050 at £110 (my local fitter) (which I had before).

£82 a corner fitted!!

They're on camskill for just over £60 each, fitting Inc balance should be no more than £30 (top whack!!)

my 070's would have worked out cheaper!;)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
MilanoChris said:

£82 a corner fitted!!

They're on camskill for just over £60 each, fitting Inc balance should be no more than £30 (top whack!!)

my 070's would have worked out cheaper!;)
My local fitters charge £20 + VAT per corner for fitting.

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
Bloody hell thats alot! Demon tweeks quoted my mate £20 per corner for fitting his r888's. He politly laughed down the phone.

Is there nowhere else cheaper for you? My local fitter has just gone from £7.50 to £10 per corner :(

cpoh

Advanced Member
Picked these up the other week and had them fitted. They are a superb tyre for the money spent on them. I had a set of goodyear eagle f1 asymmetrics on her last but was only getting 5k out of the fronts so change to these. The asymmetrics are the best road tyre on the market at the moment bar none but I couldnt handle the wear considering the mileage i was doing.

The falkens arent quite as grippy as the f1's in either the wet or dry but unless you are gdoing track days they are the perfect road tyre considering the price!

cpoh

Advanced Member
Picked these up the other week and had them fitted. They are a superb tyre for the money spent on them. I had a set of goodyear eagle f1 asymmetrics on her last but was only getting 5k out of the fronts so change to these. The asymmetrics are the best road tyre on the market at the moment bar none but I couldnt handle the wear considering the mileage i was doing.

The falkens arent quite as grippy as the f1's in either the wet or dry but unless you are gdoing track days they are the perfect road tyre considering the price!

mikegsi

Staff member
Just bought a pair if these for the rear of my evo, 235/40/18's ordered from camskill and my new beatest mate is gonna fit and balance them for free!!

Already have a good pair of these on the front and happy with them, my rears are low so went with the falkens as replacements

alucardo

Advanced Member
Iv had these on for a year and done a trackday on them and there fine. Good bank for your buck id say. Id say 5k miles on the road and a trackday and still plenty of tread left i put it down to my smooth driving style or the fact i drive like morgan freeman in driving miss daisy..

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
How do these tyres grip in the wet?? Im my opinion alot of the branded tyres out there will perform good in the dry but its when it comes to testing if their grippy in the wet is the big test.

I use Toyo T1R all round and they are excellent (grippy) in the wet!! and are like glue in the dry But the only problem with them though is they are made of soft compound material and you tend to get the tyre wall flex (jelly like feeling on the motorway) which can get a bit scary at times!

cpoh

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:
How do these tyres grip in the wet?? Im my opinion alot of the branded tyres out there will perform good in the dry but its when it comes to testing if their grippy in the wet is the big test.

I use Toyo T1R all round and they are excellent (grippy) in the wet!! and are like glue in the dry But the only problem with them though is they are made of soft compound material and you tend to get the tyre wall flex (jelly like feeling on the motorway) which can get a bit scary at times!
The Falkens are in a different league to the Toyos!

qamvti

Advanced Member
cpoh said:
TypeRKid said:

The Falkens are in a different league to the Toyos!
I have them but do you mean in a good way or bad way as I need new tires might buy some thing different as my new job is paying me much more :D

LeeH

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:

Soft tyre walls FTL.

I'm loving the RE070's :green: