False alarm (Wasn't the oil light)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi guys I recently fitted a new rocker gasket and used the proper Honda sealant to get rid of a leak at the back on the right hand corner and mmm failed as it's still there.

Anyway I'm not sure if it's linked but the other day I thought I saw a light flash up and it's just donevit again. It's orange and under the temp gauge.

Literally flashed on and off too quick for me to see which it was but I think it was the oil light. Oil levels fine so any ideas on what it could be and how to stop it?

Thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
Oil light is red iirc, when you turn on the ignition on, it will be on there and you can tell if its the one you saw.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Oil light is red iirc, when you turn on the ignition on, it will be on there and you can tell if its the one you saw.
Yeah just looked and can't tell tbh as I was looking at the road but I saw a flash two times at the bottom left of the dials, one of the ones under the temp.

Do you know if it's flash regularly if a prob as I've only seen it (whatever it is) twice since buying the car 4 months ago

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
could possibly be a bad wire going on to the oil pressure sensor so check that.
or could be a faulty sensor, but ive never heard of one failing.

but obviously the light is meant to come on if you've got low oil pressure :/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sabina c

mine used to flash on occasionally with an o2 sensor fault, eventually it was on all the time so got it fixed

carl hammond

Advanced Member
sabina c said:
mine used to flash on occasionally with an o2 sensor fault, eventually it was on all the time so got it fixed
Thanks, it's eml and speaking to Romain as he mapped it as it's got a K100 and could be nothing to worry about lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Panic over, spoken to Romain who mapped the car and it's fine and all explained and nothing to worry about phew

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all Romain said the below:

He sets them to let the engine management flash in case the knock sensor detect noise (detonation or simply engine noise), it is to let the customer know that something may be wrong, either low on fuel, bad batch of fuel or whatever the reason may be.

He said if it's happened twice in 4 months then there is absolutely nothing to worry about and it will most likely be the fuel ive used at that time.

Mines mapped for v-power but I as to put Tesco 99 Ron in (both times).

Fez

Advanced Member
Thats good to hear, i also had issues with tesco fuel on previous car. And Romain told me not use it, so did the machine shope who skimmed my head, as they've seen loads of problems with burnt valves using tesco fuel(which is what happened to mine)

But my friend has a built Gt4 thats about 500hp and his produces less knock on tesco fuel than on vpower. I Guess every car is different, but i haven't used tesco fuel for about 3/3.5years now.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Thats good to hear, i also had issues with tesco fuel on previous car. And Romain told me not use it, so did the machine shope who skimmed my head, as they've seen loads of problems with burnt valves using tesco fuel(which is what happened to mine)

But my friend has a built Gt4 thats about 500hp and his produces less knock on tesco fuel than on vpower. I Guess every car is different, but i haven't used tesco fuel for about 3/3.5years now.
Yeah I've heard good and bad, basically he said use v-power then if I have too Tesco is second best but less consistent for decent fuel and high Ron.

Just nice knowing it's nothing to worry about lol

civic17_99

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Hi all Romain said the below:

He sets them to let the engine management flash in case the knock sensor detect noise (detonation or simply engine noise), it is to let the customer know that something may be wrong, either low on fuel, bad batch of fuel or whatever the reason may be.

He said if it's happened twice in 4 months then there is absolutely nothing to worry about and it will most likely be the fuel ive used at that time.

Mines mapped for v-power but I as to put Tesco 99 Ron in (both times).
Mine did exactly the same thing, once it flashed a few times after sitting in traffic for ages when pulling on to the motorway in 5th then again one day on the way to work. So i went back to Romain and he said that it could just be engine noise. I'm still running the standard cat so he took a little ignition timing out of it then we went on a road test to try and replicate it. Has been fine ever since but he said just to give him a shout if it happens again.
He said nothing to worry about as my map is very safe anyway.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
could possibly be a bad wire going on to the oil pressure sensor so check that.
or could be a faulty sensor, but ive never heard of one failing.

but obviously the light is meant to come on if you've got low oil pressure :/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
My oil pressure sensor failed and it caused the oil light to come on very dim shortly after starting the car. Tom at TGM diagnosed it as a failed sensor after i had the car recovered there. He said he's not seen one go before, then a week after someone else had the same issue.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I know it's been said, but on the Kpro you can set it so that the EML will flash on the cluster if it detects knock. I imagine the K100 has the same feature.