Family DC5

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Hey guys so, I've sold my sol and looking into buyer a teg, now I know it's not a space bus, or a suv or an estate but how do people find using their teg as a family car!? Boot space is huge which is great but anyone have any major issues with having a kiddy in the back!? Just cos in having a kid doesn't mean I want my car enthusiasm to die, BUT I know I have to take this into consideration when it comes to safety and overall practicality. I don't really see an issue just people have told me it's a stupid idea. Any opinions welcome. Also we have a 5 door car already for the misses 😂

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Hey mate,
I've always had 3dr cars since having my daughter, she's now coming up to 6 now. There's plenty of room in the back for her, a lot more than I used to have in my gen 7 Celica anyway!
Certainly not a stupid idea!

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
My little boy is 4 now and loves "daddy's race car" even if it's not green??
Car seat fits fine with plenty of room on the belt and the seat.
The only pain is getting him out if he falls asleep, its a bit of a back breaker.

CL1_EuroR

I have two boys, and there is no issue with the family traveling in as long as they don't bring food or drinks into the car!

Aye, I second the my daddy 'race car' thing, Its funny.

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
delsoljon86 said:
Cheers for the responses guys is there fixings for a isofix baby seat?
Yep, ISOFIX is there but you'll have trouble getting anyone to guarantee the fit due to it not being on any manufacturers fit list. The seats do fit fine though.

We have a 1 year old and have never had a problem with using it to take him into town or away for a weekend. Boot easily fits our pushchair and a couple of suitcases plus all the little bits you seem to need.

FireDance

Advanced Member
Mine are 13 & 11 7 love the Teg. It is very different for all the other mum's cars & they think it is awesome. Their mates love it aswell :xgrin:

And yes, it has enough space to still do the food shopping :xlol:

integraleo

Advanced Member
Same here I have 5 year old boy and he loves it,I've had this teg since he was 1 and before that brought him home when he was born in a dc2 lol. Both cars more than up to the task. Big boot helps when younger with easily fitting a buggy and some shopping and nappy bags and so on,now older his scooters and bikes fit no problem aswell

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Can't remember who uploaded this pic originally
- I saved it and used it to convince the mrs that the tegs a family car before I got mine!

Rom

Advanced Member
Another family car here.
In fact its our only car, thought the gf doesnt drive.
Ive only had 2 5 door cars in my life, and only 1 of them since having a kid. I hate them. So its no less practical than most of my cars. In fact having the massive boot is a plus, other cars had no space and tiny boot. So this is bad at all.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Just thought I'd add this from when I was cleaning today, obviously that's front seats all the way forward but you can see how much room there is - 5 yr old daughter can stand up in the back with no issues!

Phil r type

Advanced Member
I have two kids 6 and 3 , I'm over 6 foot and have the seat all the way back but still room (just) for my 3 year old boy behind . and he loves daddy's Subaru !!! Lol no matter how much I correct him :)

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Cheers guys, appreciate you all taking the time to take pictures etc misses has come
Round to the idea that I'm getting a teg lol

WraithPriest

Advanced Member
Much the same as everyone above, my boy is 6 and he loves the teg, keeps saying he's going to get one when he's older and there's plenty of leg room for him and his seat fits well - I'm quite generous with the amount of space I use for the drivers seat as I like it quite laid back and far from the pedals so I think most others will find it spacious enough too.

Even adults tend to fit quite well, if a little bit of slouching is occasionally needed to avoid the roof.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
me and the missus are due our first child in january,

i have a half cage and no rear seats, whats the score with baby seats in the front? is it even possible with the recaro?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
You can't turn off the passenger airbag that I know of, so I'd say no baby seats in the front. I think it's not advised until 8 plus due to airbags force on small faces!

Rear is plenty more than enough for my 8 and 13 years olds, and all their crap.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
New born baby seats is rear facing and that ain't allowed with front airbag, group 1 seat is front facing and they are for baby's from around 9 months and they might be legal to have at the front.

I have recaro young sport seat and it fit my recaro seat fine but i ain't driven with my baby up front.