Fantasy teg build!!!!

silverdevill

Advanced Member
Well after leaving the honda fraternity 18 months ago and buying an RX7 i'm looking to return to dc5 ownership. I was seduced by the gods of bhp and ignored the warnings about hard tuned rotarys, it was good while it lasted but the inevitable happened and the engine let go one rainy afternoon. I'm hoping to get a dc5 as standard as i can, non facelift, and then chuck around £30k at it...that should do it!!!!. so gentlemen, for those that can be bothered, list your fantasy teg builds with a £30k budget, cams,zorsts, manifolds,superchargers (turbos strictly a no no though, they are against everything honda stands for), chassis setup items, wheels and tyres etc etc....i thought it might be fun to see other peoples ideas and dreams listed on here. i've scoured the net looking for inspiration in the form of pictures, videos etc (youtube is great for this) but at the end of the day there are people on these forums that REALLY know their stuff and i would love to see their take on this...cheers. :D

redcap

Advanced Member
You must be insane to chuck that much money at it IMHO. Why not but a NSX R if you have that type of money?

phil r

Advanced Member
fantasy teg build !!!

That sounds like a forty grand budget time you buy a teg aswell so why not get a nsxr & supercharge that :twistednod

cfoster

Advanced Member
Thats Porker 911 money as well!! As much as I love my DC5 it'd be straight up for sale if i was going to chuck an extra 30k somewhere!!

luffy

Advanced Member
thats a lot of money that ultimately will vanish after a few years but id thats what you want to do then its your choice.

If i was to spend that then i would personally swap the engine for the 2.4 accord engine and then get a garage that wants to take on the project of building the engine up to offer some huge BHP. maybe look at a 4x4 conversion for that money as well ???

why don't you find abother 10k and buy the new GT-R ?

logik

Advanced Member
Thats too much money to be throwing at a Teg mate. Go get yourself a NSX straight in from Japan.

celox performance

Advanced Member
30k should see you around the 700bhp mark, so if you're serious about spending 30k then TDi North will be able to help you :D

The problem is the engine would be unreliable and would be very close to undrivable on the road, so 30k is far too much to spend on a DC5 unless you just want to use it for a quick drag car.

Personally i'd import the new GTR yourself for 45k and it would still be a better all round car than any DC5. I'm just being realistic here mate.

paul671

AST coilovers, Toyo R888's, no interior, a fat cage and 25k in change to spend on penny sweets.

clio_phil

Man if you've got 30k to spend on a teg and if your really serious about it then go for it

it would be a unique car thats for sure

Although i would guess that you could get away with spending alot less and still have the ultimate type r, unless your thinking of entering btcc that is

I would get throttle bodies for sure and maybe a sequential box.

That would be some car already

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
First off..... you need to decide who's going to build this ultimate car :!:

And then... what you want to acheive from it :?:

Fast road car
Drag car
Trackday car
Race car

etc
etc

In real terms, £30k wont buy a lot of high end motorsport parts, but loads on bolt on bits... but, then you wont have a real system to show for your cash.

Mike

G4Z

I'm hoping to get a dc5 as standard as i can, non facelift, and then chuck around £30k at it...that should do it!!!!. so gentlemen, for those that can be bothered, list your fantasy teg builds
I maybe wrong here but i think the guys just seeing what people would do if they had 30k to spend on their ITR. Like he said, 'fantasy teg build' In other words just abit of fun :) Also the .... after he said 30k at it hints to this. I may be wrong though :eek:

celox performance

Advanced Member
No I think the guy wants to spend 30k on it when he says 'I'm hoping to get a dc5 as standard as i can, non facelift, and then chuck around £30k at it...that should do it!!!!' :shock:

Newty

Advanced Member
Im with others here....no sense in spending 30k of mods on a car...you wouldn't see it for 12months!!!

Get a honky-donky brand new Skyline...I mean GT-R!

Suped

Advanced Member
For 30k, I'd spend the dosh on blue printing the engine, ITB, K-Pro, commission all movable parts in billet, and gold plate everything! TBH, 30k on a engine would be quite easy to spend. :lol: :lol:

silverdevill

Advanced Member
just for a bit of clarity here, i would never spend £30k on mods, i'd sooner go and buy an audi rs6 avant,sorry to be unclear. i want to buy a dc5 as standard as poss and then add some mods myself (not £30k worth mind you), reason being, my last dc5 i bought had quite a few mods on it done by other people and i was never quite at peace with some of them if you know what i mean. at the time my heart ruled my head and i did'nt know then what i know now, so for a bit of fun i thought i'd get people to list what they would do to their dc5 if money were no object. sorry for the confusion.... :oops: