FAO detailing freaks :)

rodney

Advanced Member
Chaps,

Two alloys are FuBared so getting TGM to sort it. The rears require a good clay and sone tlc.

What is the best product to use to seal the fresh alloy once freshly powder coated/cleaned? Is it Rimwax? What's the method? I've had CW wheels in my life for 4 years and never really nailed the cleaning process.

I'm a member of detailing world but I just want it it laymans terms :)

Thanks.

sinbad

Advanced Member
rimwax is ok.

At the end of the day wheela are laquered just like the paint onyour body panels, so a good sealant or wax will be good. The main thing is to make sure you keep on top of the maintenece by keeping them clean and waxing/sealing often.

LeeH

Advanced Member
I use Jetseal 109 or one of the collinite 476s. You will need 2 coats minimum, a few hours apart if you have the time.

I'm going to try something by Nanolex or Gteching when they have gone.

Don't get sucked into DW to far as most of the people on just get caught up in the hype of the latest product.

Andy.

Advanced Member
phozy888 said:
collinite 476s for me.... been on for like 5 months and still beeds...
I bought some of this last week, i'm looking forward to it being delivered. I've read so many good things about it that i just have to try it.

Andy.

Advanced Member
TFR is Traffic Film Remover which is good at removing road grime, but also any pre-applied protection. It does your paintwork no good whasoever and should really only be used in commercial applications.

The Poorboys and Collinite are applied with a pad/microfibre combo. Check them out on cleanmycar.co.uk :)

Dan2020

Advanced Member
rodney said:
Andy. said:
Dan2020 said:
Just DON'T use TFR
:arrow:

I know what you meant :)
Glad you do as I don't :(

Could I hear more about the application. Do the products mentioned contain a spray head or?

Good spot, I did mean DON'T use TFR!!! All the Polish hand car wash places spray it all over peoples cars to aid cleaning so avoid them at all costs!!

The chemical guys wheels guard just needs to be thinly smeared on with an applicator sponge allowed to haze then buffed off. Pretty easy!

Andy.

Advanced Member
Sneak said:
Try Finishkare FK1000p
I have some of that, it is very good indeed. I got my 476 in the post yesterday, going to give that a whirl soon.

rodney

Advanced Member
Cheers..

Ive found the sealant I want to use.

The process ive done in the past is snow foam the wheels then using a bucket i would add some goldclass to it plus a decent load of wonder wheels that ive always found to be a bit harsh/abrasive.

What do you use to agitate the crap, do you clay to get the stubborn bits?

Do you then polish before adding the sealant?

Do you wax ocer the sealant?

If someone could post their tried and tested method that would be good.

Thanks.

Andy.

Advanced Member

sinbad

Advanced Member
Clean > Polish > protect

Clean - Soap/suds/shampoo/claybar
Polish - Abrasive liquid
protect - Sealant/wax

eXceed

Resident Driver
Erm don't really want to be claying after every wash. Apart from marring the paint (er... leaving residue is the closest definition i can think of) it will be removing any protection you put on previously so after every wash you'd be pretty much starting again. You only want to do it when you've got a full day of detailing in terms of wash->clay->rinse/wash->dry->paint cleanser->polish->wax/sealant and then you would top it off after each subsequent wash with either a quick detailer or if you have time more layers of the wax or sealant. This obviously isn't the best method all the time but has proven results from a lot of frequent detailers.

rodney

Advanced Member
Yep just talking about the wheels.

I went on detailing world and every other person was expressing much man milk over Gtechniq products, Gtechniq C5 in particular as a sealant. Bought a small bottle today, not cheap but the technology is supposed to be new on the market-nano somethings :oops:

C1 looks mental and is supposed to be for pros only, water can't bead on the paint it bounces off as does the dirt.

Take a look at their site and search youtube under Gtechniq.

Winter pack: http://www.gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-car ... -whatever/

:D at the wording.

Thought some maybe interested - Porthos :)