FAO people insured with Privilege.....

mega_stream

1st post for me on this forum, I'm a defector from the CTR one :lol:

Question is for people insured with Privilege for thier DC5, I've just rung for a quote and they couldn't see a 2 litre type-r only a 1.8 (which I'm guessing is a DC2??)

Good bit is (I think..) is that they checked with the underwriters and have agreed that they will insure me for the car as the 1.8 but manually modify it to be a 2.0 car (they knew it was a JDM car) 8)

I even gave them the registration number of the car I'm looking at, and it's come up as a 1.8 :?

Good bit is they only want an extra £60 to take me to end of November, not bad considering I only paid £420 for my 04 CTR 8)

Just need to convince the misses now :roll:

emaresea

How on earth did you get such a low quote from them? mine is about 800, at over 50 with full no claims, including additional accessories, a carbon bonnet!

They did send the original paperwork with 1800 and I queried it and they found a manual amendment to 2000 which had been missed off what they sent. They duly sent corrceted paperwork but I couldn't beleive the extra 175 for the accessory!

Go for it:D

mega_stream

Dunno :lol:

I'm 33 with full no claims, no points, garaged with a 7k mile limit (only do around 5k PA) :)

Just need to see if the dealer can give me at least 14k for my CTR and I'm out looking for a DC5 :eek:

reeves999999

You need to be very careful they have the right car! I went through the whole process of getting a quote from them during which I finally got them to recognise it as a 2.0 and not a 1.8. It was only after I had hung up that I realised that the fact that the car was imported from Japan (and not just built there) had not even been mentioned. On phoning back my happy smiling face :D was reduced to a sad one :cry: having had the quote up'd from £800' ish to £1150.

All I'm saying is make sure they are sure. We all know what happens when it all goes wrong - they keep the payments from god knows how many years and you get nothing apart from a 'nulified insurance policy' to justify to the next insurance company when they ask!

emaresea

mega_stream said:
Dunno :lol:

I'm 33 with full no claims, no points, garaged with a 7k mile limit (only do around 5k PA) :)

Just need to see if the dealer can give me at least 14k for my CTR and I'm out looking for a DC5 :eek:

Looks like its the mileage limit as I've asked for 15K pa; I drive 38-40 miles daily to/from work! :cry: