Far Cry 5.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Just had a laugh at the above. Just completed the side mission, the recovery of the Widow Maker truck, at the second attempt.

On the first attempt after clearing the compound and recovering the key to the garage, just started opening the garage door to drive out and my buddy with a rocket launcher walks up and destroys the truck.

Mission failed, start all over again.

Regards.

Teggy_dan

Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

Just had a laugh at the above. Just completed the side mission, the recovery of the Widow Maker truck, at the second attempt.

On the first attempt after clearing the compound and recovering the key to the garage, just started opening the garage door to drive out and my buddy with a rocket launcher walks up and destroys the truck.

Mission failed, start all over again.

Regards.
I've just completed the game. Great fun and great graphics. I'm sure the more you progress through the game the more you will enjoy it. I don't want to spoil anything for you but I hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
How is this one Granty? Always been a Far Cry fan myself but not tried this one
Hi.

Well pleased at present. Had to invest in new 6gig GTX 1060 OC card to get a better experience out of it. There are some glitches, like your buddy going off and doing his own thing. Apart from them it seems a decent game.

A strange happening I'm still getting me head round is when a large animal, a bear for instance comes at you. Shoot it, a puff of green smoke and its turns into a weasel. It still tries to bite your head off.

The American drawl grinds a bit and Ive found myself replying with "Son of a bitch" and some more phrases that I wont mention. LOL.

As mentioned the graphics are good. The forestry bits are sometimes so dense that there are times when you can't find the cultist you had just disposed of to loot his body.

I'm enjoying it though.

Regards.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Well pleased at present. Had to invest in new 6gig GTX 1060 OC card to get a better experience out of it. There are some glitches, like your buddy going off and doing his own thing. Apart from them it seems a decent game.

A strange happening I'm still getting me head round is when a large animal, a bear for instance comes at you. Shoot it, a puff of green smoke and its turns into a weasel. It still tries to bite your head off.

The American drawl grinds a bit and Ive found myself replying with "Son of a bitch" and some more phrases that I wont mention. LOL.

As mentioned the graphics are good. The forestry bits are sometimes so dense that there are times when you can't find the cultist you had just disposed of to loot his body.

I'm enjoying it though.

Regards.
Sounds very good indeed sir!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Heard quite bad things about the new Far Cry to be honest. Might take a look at it now! What settings were you running on your 1060 and what FPS were you getting Granty?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Granty1056

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Heard quite bad things about the new Far Cry to be honest. Might take a look at it now! What settings were you running on your 1060 and what FPS were you getting Granty?

Hi.

On high settings using the in game benchmark. Max. 85. Avr. 72. Min. 62.

On ultra. Max. 78. Avr. 66. Min. 56. I'm still using an old BENQ monitor at 1920x1080p.

Having played further I can see its not going to be up there with the best games. Its playable and its good fun but its only here for me until another RPG or FPS comes along.

Ive just come from Assassins Creed Origins and ASC 2 which I found, as an average gamer were brilliant.

Regards.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Hmm maybe I won‘t be in such a rush to get it then. I‘ve also read a lot of mixed reviews.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

On high settings using the in game benchmark. Max. 85. Avr. 72. Min. 62.

On ultra. Max. 78. Avr. 66. Min. 56. I'm still using an old BENQ monitor at 1920x1080p.

Having played further I can see its not going to be up there with the best games. Its playable and its good fun but its only here for me until another RPG or FPS comes along.

Ive just come from Assassins Creed Origins and ASC 2 which I found, as an average gamer were brilliant.

Regards.
It runs pretty well then, I've got a 1070 and run at 1440p.

I struggled with AC Origins, I got bored half way through doing side quests. I might try and get back into it.