Fascia "adjusting"

skerr406

Advanced Member
Went to halfords today to buy a sony xav60 double din unit

The cage for it is like a mm too big but without it the unit is to small to just fit it (so it needs the cage)

Its a thin line of plastic on the fascia trim that clips to the actual dash (bit with the hazard light button) do you think it will be alright to just file it to fit (it is staying permanently) worst case can buy a used fascia for the dc5 if fails?

Advice please

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
dont normally use the cage they fit using the bolts and brackets attacking to the side of the radio. the surround should then be fitted over the top, i have had to make small trim pieces more than once unfortunatly as the bits from some manufacturers dont fit properly.

skerr406

Advanced Member
thanks for getting back to me mate

If i fit the unit (sony xav60) without the cage it leaves a gap as its just that tiny bit too small. i am worried about doing stuff the the trim that I wont be able to reverse so i think ill leave that unit.

seen the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD - looking into to that at the moment to see if it will be a better fit.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
thanks for getting back to me mate

If i fit the unit (sony xav60) without the cage it leaves a gap as its just that tiny bit too small. i am worried about doing stuff the the trim that I wont be able to reverse so i think ill leave that unit.

seen the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD - looking into to that at the moment to see if it will be a better fit.
I have the Pioneer 3100DVD, there was quite a gap around the head unit, so i made the surround myself from an old Jurrasic Park VHS case :lol:

skerr406

Advanced Member
I have the Pioneer 3100DVD, there was quite a gap around the head unit, so i made the surround myself from an old Jurrasic Park VHS case :lol:
haha awesome!

i went with a sony XAV-60 and adjusted the fascia. it works :-D